Moroso Truck Challenge 3/29

Don't want to commit,but I'll keep it in mind !!!:rock:

Anybody going to this ????? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Update from Ed, our tech guy and fellow competitor....

"Info for Saturday night...Gates will open at 5. We will be pre selling tech cards at 3:30 and we will have 3 guys teching outside so that when the gates open we can get to racing much sooner."

Count me out for this one guys,Sorry
Way too busy this weekend.

Okay, here's the deal.....
Latest update:
Got a call from Jack today.
There is a driving school renting the track from 9am to 5pm.
They are also holding Jr Dragster points AND a car show 'Dave's Memory Revs On' from 5pm To 11pm - during our challenges.

What this means to us:
This is not unusual for those who have never attended.
Jr Dragster and some slick only cars usually run with us and fill the void while we re-establish the bracket ladder between rounds.
Moroso will run us down to a winner unless rained out.

When you pull in towards the entry gate there is a grass field on the left (before the gate). This is where we will meet and tech. If there is a line of parked cars, go around on the left and enter the grassed area.
Jack is bringing a grill (donations welcome) and starting cooking around 2:30pm. They will tech us there starting around 3:30, then we can pull in at 5-ish when the gates open.
Parking has changed:
We will be parking to the east (in the gate after paying - follow the right around the fence and behind the tower, look for the trucks ahead of you, probably on the outer road to the right )

As usual, this by NO MEANS constitutes what will actually happen when we get there tomorrow - use it as a guide

boosted635 said:
Okay, here's the deal.....
Latest update:
Got a call from Jack today.
There is a driving school renting the track from 9am to 5pm.
They are also holding Jr Dragster points AND a car show 'Dave's Memory Revs On' from 5pm To 11pm - during our challenges.

What this means to us:
This is not unusual for those who have never attended.
Jr Dragster and some slick only cars usually run with us and fill the void while we re-establish the bracket ladder between rounds.
Moroso will run us down to a winner unless rained out.

When you pull in towards the entry gate there is a grass field on the left (before the gate). This is where we will meet and tech. If there is a line of parked cars, go around on the left and enter the grassed area.
Jack is bringing a grill (donations welcome) and starting cooking around 2:30pm. They will tech us there starting around 3:30, then we can pull in at 5-ish when the gates open.
Parking has changed:
We will be parking to the east (in the gate after paying - follow the right around the fence and behind the tower, look for the trucks ahead of you, probably on the outer road to the right )

As usual, this by NO MEANS constitutes what will actually happen when we get there tomorrow - use it as a guide
i'm working tomorrow so not sure i'll get there before 3:dontknow:

flchub said:
i'm working tomorrow so not sure i'll get there before 3:dontknow:

I think they will be behind anyways getting the road racers out IMO. If you can get there as usual, you should still get tech'd. Plus Ed should be running with us again and he is a tech guy... so we should be able to pull some strings for a quick inspection lol.
Worst case you may just miss the 1st qualifying round and need to base your dial on one pass :dontknow:

LitemUp said:
Just got the green light, but won't be up until 6:00 - 6:30

:rock:
We'll watch for you and I'll advise tech that you will be late if you are racing.
Like Clint, worst case you just may miss first round.

Mike

I probably will show up just to watch and meet some people. No racing for me just yet.

2008 Truck Challenge Points
As Of 3-30-2008
1) Gerard Longo 134
2) Bill Rech 112
3) Ed Quinlan 92
4) Jack Stonehill 61
5) Nancy Reigle 50
6) Matt Hermes 50
7) Mike Hudnet 40
8) **** Hudnet 40
9) Clint Mosier 30
10) Mike Jackson 30
11) Mickey Cardena 20
12) James Krull 20
13) Zoe Matyuf 20
14) Jon Carlson 10
15) Robert Srevenson 10
16) Donald Scleter 10
17) Keith Grey 10
18) Alex Vila 10
19) Aaron Horween 10

Rice Eater said:
i will do my best to make the next one...when is it? I have been under the radar lately!

April 19th... gates open at 4:30pm.

Looks like I may miss it :(
No April fools joke
I thought I heard a weird intermittant noise on the way home from the challenge.
I left this am and it was okay. Got part way to my meeting in Palm Beach and I kept hearing a rattle. Sounds almost like a very quiet diesel noise.
Can't seem to place it. Thinking either the tranny or a blower bearing (rebuilt by Steig last August). Gonna take the blower belt off tomorrow to see if it goes away.
I think the blower sounds a bit strange, but not sure if that is it.
Also, the noise is almost undetectable in park or nuetral when the idle comes up a couple hundred rpm. Gets louder in any other gear at idle. Noise goes away under light throttle, but comes back under normal acceleration or a steady cruise at certain speeds.

Add to this that I think the clutches started going out in my rear - had one wheel burnouts for the first two challenge passes, but not ALL the following ones
AND, they are re-deploying my bro to Iraq (he leaves on Sunday)

I am not a happy dude tonight.
Time for a Gentleman Jack and Coke :nurse:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back