Morse Ceramic Pads for 05

Rick_R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has installed the Morse Ceramic Pads on their 05?

How do you like them?

What is the part number?

Thanks!

Rick

I did.:D The fronts only. No more squeeks and no more dust. The edginess or sensitivity to light pedal effort is reduced. In other words, you have to step on it just a little more. I like it this way. Before, you just touch the brakes, and your freaakin head was bouncing off the steerng wheel.

Be aware that you might have to clean up the notches were the pads sit in the calipers. The Morse are a bit tight and could cause a little wheel binding. Now ask me how I know this...

I just took the pads off again last night to clean those notches. I didn't at first. I noticed when I jacked up the front, when changing the oil, the driver wheel was to tight. Whenever I have any wheel off the ground, I always check that wheel by rotating.

I JUST bought the rears today. Im going out in my garage tonight and install them. Ill let you know if ya want an update.

Anybody know were I can get Stainless Steel braided lines specifically for the front?:dontknow:

Front 1085C

Rear 898C

Last edited:
How many miles did you have when you swapped them out and did you cut the rotors?

About 5k miles.

No, the rotors were fine but I did remove any glazing with a 3M Roloc brake resurface kit.

I just got sick of the damn dust and the squealing.... :mad: :thumpdown:

Morse Pads

avcts said:
I did.:D The fronts only. No more squeeks and no more dust. The edginess or sensitivity to light pedal effort is reduced. In other words, you have to step on it just a little more. I like it this way. Before, you just touch the brakes, and your freaakin head was bouncing off the steerng wheel.

Be aware that you might have to clean up the notches were the pads sit in the calipers. The Morse are a bit tight and could cause a little wheel binding. Now ask me how I know this...

I just took the pads off again last night to clean those notches. I didn't at first. I noticed when I jacked up the front, when changing the oil, the driver wheel was to tight. Whenever I have any wheel off the ground, I always check that wheel by rotating.

I JUST bought the rears today. Im going out in my garage tonight and install them. Ill let you know if ya want an update.

Anybody know were I can get Stainless Steel braided lines specifically for the front?:dontknow:

Front 1085C

Rear 898C

Thanks so much!

I just came back from in my garage. Not only did I muscle Fu#$ and break a REAR caliper, the Morse part number I gave you is wrong. Don't use those. I have to take mine back. I knew these were to damn small....

Anyone have an extra rear driver caliper for an 05 RC? :eek:

avcts said:
I just came back from in my garage. Not only did I muscle Fu#$ and break a REAR caliper, the Morse part number I gave you is wrong. Don't use those. I have to take mine back. I knew these were to damn small....

Anyone have an extra rear driver caliper for an 05 RC? :eek:

Shit I just ordered mine LOL!!
Justin

Fronts are fine. Its the rears that are wrong. Ive had the fronts on since last summer.:)

Im going back to Autozone today. We'll see.

The rears are part# 897. You can get them from Autozone (Morse) or Advanced Auto (Friction Master). The Advanced Auto pads are made by Morse.

Oh...kewl.

But just to make sure, these are for 05's? Have you installed them? If so, Im going to buy a set today while Im out.:D

Thanks!

installed them on my 06 RC, they should be the same for the 05

Great. Im going to get them today. Did your calipers bind a little when you removed them? There was a rivit on the interior pad that caught the piston and it cracked like glass. I had to install a new piston. :eek:

Thanks!:D

I didn't have any problems. Just had to file a little material off the new pads for the front.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back