motor build

lakeman

Reaction score
Looking to add more horses. I can't make up my mind to raise compression and stay NA or add a procharger. I've already modified with cam, head work, headers, exhaust, tune, and cai. Reliability is a concern. What are the best piston/rod combination to use. Does anyone know if the six speed will hold up with the power of the procharger and the weight of the truck. This is a fine truck and worth the time and money.

Procharger, I believe the t56 can handle 800ft lbs, and when that is maxed you can always go to a new tranny but don't forget ur guna need a clutch to handle that McLeod is almost 2 grand

With the mods, best guess, 80 to 100hp on the engine. Have not had a chance to tune it on the dyno. Roe racing cam, heads, TB, tune.

Procharger, I believe the t56 can handle 800ft lbs, and when that is maxed you can always go to a new tranny but don't forget ur guna need a clutch to handle that McLeod is almost 2 grand

stock T56 is rated maybe 600 ft. lb.

biggest built T56 is around 750 ft. lb.

i'm guessing it should be around 550 wheel now, depending...

if you're concerned about longevity, you shouldn't be putting a supercharger on it - much less one with a very limited track record. the most "reliable" s/c would be a roe or paxton but that's on low boost... which isn't far off of where you are now... you'll max a paxton around 700 hp and the roe maybe a little more... but you're still stressing the motor - forged or not.

the stock t56 is only good for around 600hp... another $2500 or so should get you close to the 800hp mark, then at least another grand for clutch and hydraulics for a single disc setup... double that for a mcleod...

what are your goals for the truck?

Looking for 650 rwhp reliable daily driver. If I stay NA, the added compression will make the cam sound even sweeter.

Welcome from Waco bud. I can hook you up with a great Nitrous kit and tuning and boost as well. Pick your poison and we'll make it reality boss.

thats on my bucket list:rock::rock::rock:

ya goin close ratio????

Havnt decided all that yet. The tranny is the last piece to my puzzle, starting reassembly this week won't get tranny for maybe another month

Why don't you tune and dyno your current setup to see what u can get out of it. If you have the stock tune in it and have a cam with heads I highly doubt it's running correct and to its full potential.

Not running the stock tune. Have two performance tunes in sct by roe racing. Still need some advice on best pistons and rods for the 06 viper engine.

Not running the stock tune. Have two performance tunes in sct by roe racing. Still need some advice on best pistons and rods for the 06 viper engine.

I prefer Lunati Rods and Mahle Pistons and rings. DO NOT machine crank for offset Chevy Pistons and Rods to save money or end up with a wasted block do the the change in geometry egg shaping the cylinders. ;)
This was cheap practice by several
Builders to have an affordable means of forging, yet turning very expensive once block was ruined after several thousand miles. Especially in boosted engines.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back