Motor on ebay

amtrucker22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a 'low' mileage viper motor on ebay with a buy it now of $6950. May be some of you crazy sum bishes that like to blow up your motors may be interested?:dontknow: :p :D

Linky

yea, but I know how to tune turbos. I would probably just go really fast with that setup.

Look it over very well.

I would be vary cautious of that motor, as the fine print says it need a water pump and timing cover. That means that it got hit hard in the front of the motor. The timing cover is also the oil pump, $600.00 + dollars.

The water pump I don't know the cost of, but chances are very good that damage was also done to the timing gears and cam position sensor. I have seen crankshafts bent from hard frontal impact.

I would be very leary of that one.............

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about bidding. if thats the case is it worth 2k?

FSTJACK said:
I would be vary cautious of that motor, as the fine print says it need a water pump and timing cover. That means that it got hit hard in the front of the motor. The timing cover is also the oil pump, $600.00 + dollars.

The water pump I don't know the cost of, but chances are very good that damage was also done to the timing gears and cam position sensor. I have seen crankshafts bent from hard frontal impact.

I would be very leary of that one.............
good to know...... no pic of the front of the motor either......

silversrt said:
As broke as I am :( and in need of a motor,it would be tempting for me.:idea:
dUNNO THIS SOUND S LIKE IT MIGHT NEED OVERHAUL:dontknow: :dontknow:

nycstev said:
dUNNO THIS SOUND S LIKE IT MIGHT NEED OVERHAUL:dontknow: :dontknow:

Then I might as well overhaul mine.Funds are tight.I am thinking of selling my truck without fixing it.(oh shit , here come the vultures):)

silversrt said:
Then I might as well overhaul mine.Funds are tight.I am thinking of selling my truck without fixing it.(oh shit , here come the vultures):)

Silver hang tight. Don't sell yout truck. Maybe a few of us SoCal members might want to help you rebuild your motor if you cover the parts. I'll talk to a few guys and see what we can do.:D

My opinion is, that without more info this motor has value as a boat anchor only : $500

Steve

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back