MOVIE: Beowulf

cold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I respect this groups opinions. So, I have a few questions for you. Is anyone excited to see this? Do you think an animated film with an adult storyline can be commercaily successsful? Do you think it looks realistic or not? My company generated every image in the film. I did not personally work on it and I have no emotional attachment to it. So, you can be honest.

cold said:
Is anyone excited to see this?
Personally, I'm not.
It's an old tale. I'm not sure even Angelina's nice rack can save this one from it's own re-telling.
In all honesty, it's tough for me to get excited about paying $11 to get jammed into a small room with poor sound just to listen to people's cell phones ring at crucial moments.
cold said:
Do you think an animated film with an adult storyline can be commercaily successsful?
This is a toughie.
Short term- Maybe. "300" did pretty well at the box office.
Long term- Yes. Films based on comic books (oops...sorry...didn't mean to offend those over 35 still living at home with the folks: 'graphic novels') have done well in recent years, but they tend to generate more revenue with a cult following.
See Also: "Heavy Metal".
cold said:
Do you think it looks realistic or not?
CGI has improved leaps and bounds in only the last few years.
I remember when our TV station got an SGI Indy. We thought we were cutting edge. LOL When I moved from TV to film, I realized how archaic our gear at the TV station really was.
I'm not sure CGI will ever reach 100% pure animation, but it's getting damn close.

There's an upside to CGI movies: No bad acting. :D
The downside: No bloopers. :)

cold said:
I respect this groups opinions. So, I have a few questions for you. Is anyone excited to see this? Do you think an animated film with an adult storyline can be commercaily successsful? Do you think it looks realistic or not? My company generated every image in the film. I did not personally work on it and I have no emotional attachment to it. So, you can be honest.

I will wait for the DVD to see this one. One thing that might have been thought of was did we like it when we read it in high school, or any other time?? It was a very hard read and when I saw it in the commercials the only thing I thought of was how much I hated reading it.

One thing I would say based on the commercials I have seen. The CGI looks good. Of course we can all tell that it is CGI but Angelina does look hot in anything:D

-jeff

Oh, you mean like 300 Animated

I was bored stiff

Sorry, animation is not my favorite thing to pay for

Some sage comments above.

This was the toughest reading I ever encountered in school. The meaning was only realized through "Cliff Notes" it was just too hard to read.

I feel the same about animation...just does nothing for me...always seems to put me off.

Now I disagree with one point Jolie looks good in anything, but much better in nothing. She may be the most beautiful woman in the world by my evaluation, and that might be enough to pull "Cold Beowulf" through the market. But I will also wait and not see it in a theater.

Last edited:
i read the story at school not to long ago i was into it if the movies fallows the story it should be good

The story follows the original pretty closely.

The film is entirely CG. Unlike 300 that used like actors over green screens.

I have only seen parts of it, and the dialogue(language) has been updated from the original poem. If you are going to go see it, you must see it in 3D. Since it is entirely CG the registration between the 2 cameras is perfect. This makes for a very pleasent 3D experience.

Last edited:
Cold- I was referring to "300" in the graphic novel sense; not so much in the CGI sense.

3D? Like "Jaws 3"? :D
That was on one of the movie channels the other day. Giggled my ass off. Dennis Quaid is my hero! :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back