Muffler delete. Truck sounds sick.

sealalot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a whim, I decided to hack off the muffler. After 32k miles, the only other mod I've done was a Volant cai. We left the resonator on. Just removed the gargantuan muffler.

DAMN does it sound good! Perfect! Not to loud, except at wot, when it sounds like the devil screaming. I also love the popping and crackling between 1st and 2nd, and when letting off the gas. I know some of you guys think that sounds "ricey", but to me it sounds rather exotic. Some brat kid around here has a lambo that sounds similar.

What's nice is, when in the cab, it's not much louder. Can carry on a conversation with the windows down no problems. Still rather quiet. And at idle, it's just a nice rumble. Just a couple of decibles higher than before, but not much of a difference from stock.

Anyone else do this mod?

sealalot said:
On a whim, I decided to hack off the muffler. After 32k miles, the only other mod I've done was a Volant cai. We left the resonator on. Just removed the gargantuan muffler.

DAMN does it sound good! Perfect! Not to loud, except at wot, when it sounds like the devil screaming. I also love the popping and crackling between 1st and 2nd, and when letting off the gas. I know some of you guys think that sounds "ricey", but to me it sounds rather exotic. Some brat kid around here has a lambo that sounds similar.

What's nice is, when in the cab, it's not much louder. Can carry on a conversation with the windows down no problems. Still rather quiet. And at idle, it's just a nice rumble. Just a couple of decibles higher than before, but not much of a difference from stock.

Anyone else do this mod?

Long time since you have been around...how are things?

There's an official sound clip thread around here that I started. Post up some sound clips dude.

i have heard and drove a truck with stock mids and no muffler and personally can not find a nice way to describe it.

Prof said:
Long time since you have been around...how are things?

Things are ok, but they could be better. Could be worse I guess too though. Finally got the divorce settled, but not without a chapter 7. My attorney told me not to feel bad, most guys have to go through one after a divorce. Then I messed around with a psycho girl who wound up getting pregnant...still don't know who daddy is because she was a pig I guess. But of course, she's gonna blame the guy who drives the nicest truck right? So we did the dna test last week. Waiting on the results. We'll see. As far as women go, the last 2 years have been a nightmare for me.

sealalot said:
Things are ok, but they could be better. Could be worse I guess too though. Finally got the divorce settled, but not without a chapter 7. My attorney told me not to feel bad, most guys have to go through one after a divorce. Then I messed around with a psycho girl who wound up getting pregnant...still don't know who daddy is because she was a pig I guess. But of course, she's gonna blame the guy who drives the nicest truck right? So we did the dna test last week. Waiting on the results. We'll see. As far as women go, the last 2 years have been a nightmare for me.
Don't feel bad bud, had my share few of some looney's lately, they're fun for that time after that an alter ego comes out:D

all i had was a magna flow in the 03 hemi i had and it was twice as loud as my 10 with the magnaflow.. hate to say this but i think the v8 has better exhaust notes.. i would like to have strait pipes in the 10 NOTHING IN THE WAY !!!!! LOL :p :p :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Congrats on enjoying your mod:congrats: ,
I have been blessed with an awesome wife and kids,Although it did take a few (bad dates)to get here.Glad to see your back and you'll find Mrs right soon enough.You have to burn alot of rubber to achieve satisfaction:D

gunu said:
all i had was a magna flow in the 03 hemi i had and it was twice as loud as my 10 with the magnaflow.. hate to say this but i think the v8 has better exhaust notes.. i would like to have strait pipes in the 10 NOTHING IN THE WAY !!!!! LOL :p :p :marchmellow: :marchmellow:
The V-8 has that rumble thing going for it, But the 10 has the exotic sound that turns heads.:rock: :burnout:

yes very true ,, kinda like the corvette and the viper car... the corvette is more refined and you see so many vettes its like old, but when u see a viper you say HOLY SHIT LOOKEY THERE !!! gonna have to pry my 10 from my lifeless body , might get burried in it !!!! going rewrite will !!!! lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back