My $2000 Trip To Taco Bell

Sorry to hear about this Kevan.......................now why the hell are you people still eating at the "Bell"? They use to actually have real ground beef in the ground beef. Now its some sort of mystery beeflike paste?:dontknow: I cant eat that stuff!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Sorry to hear about this Kevan.......................now why the hell are you people still eating at the "Bell"? They use to actually have real ground beef in the ground beef. Now its some sort of mystery beeflike paste?:dontknow: I cant eat that stuff!

patrick
Yo Quierro taco bell - EEKS!! No wonder we have a chiwawa shortage:D

I like Del Taco. :D

I gotta give props to my insurance company. 38 hours later, the adjuster comes by...and her report matches the estimate from the dealership! Whew.

With all the hail and storm damage here on Weds., I'm surprised they got to me so quickly.
Impressive.

Parts are on order (including the $700 fascia!!!).
I like this dealership so far. They've been good to my Durango and I the last few years. This will be a true test. :)

next time go to jack in the box.........:D

sorry to hear about that kevan:( glag nobody got hurt
I hope everything goes well w/ the dealirship.... so we can have that beast back on the streets.....

It's good your baby was still drivable and that no one was hurt. But you would probably suffer more the next day eating at Taco Bell than a fender bender. I typically stay away from that place, especially when it's raining.

94- Good point. There were a few stone chips down low, and I did a belly-scrape on one of those concrete parking lot bars when I first got the truck. I guess those will magically disappear. LOL

The final adjuster came by today, took her pics and left. I immediately went to work, trying to re-fit the fascia on there so I could drive the truck this week. The last 5 days with the Durango has been ROUGH. Plus, it's likely to be sold soon, so....

I 'popped' the dent out of the plastic as best I could, then removed the two small hexagonal grilles. Since the metal bumper is dented in and up, the fascia doesn't quite sit right and the wheel well edge comes very close to the tire when turning. I have a hard foam shim on the edge of the fascia right below the fender edge, and everything is bolted down tight. It's not moving. It should work just fine for a week.

I've also figured out how to calm myself while the truck is at the dealership. They're a great dealership and have been great in the past, but that was a very different vehicle. I have this fear that someone at the dealership will go, "Well, we needed to make sure the paint didn't ripple at 120....so...." and I come back to a truck with a paper-thin clutch and no rubber.
I'm going to drop it off with the spare on the driver's side rear. :D

Kevan said:
8:30PM.
It's raining out. HARD. (tornado sirens all afternoon/evening)
I just finished picking up a quick bite at 'The Bell.
Heading home to watch the Avs season opener.

I go through the Shell station parking lot about to make a right and head east on Morse road (it's one-way out of the station).
A dark blue Alero is pulling in.
Because of the weather, time of day, and the bigass bush at the corner of the inlet, I don't see her.
She doesn't see me.

http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/p1000513.jpg

She's fine.
I'm fine.
The cops showed up, but no police report because it technically happened on private property.

Her car was jacked up- pass. door, fender pushed to tire.
My truck was drivable.
Rachel came by and we gave the girl a ride home. She was very nice about the whole thing.

Insurance calls all day today, and a trip to the dealership for an estimate.
Because of all the claims being filed (lots of hail/wind damage elsewhere around town), no adjuster until Monday PM.
Parts will take 3-4 days to get to the dealership.
3-4 days to repair the truck (Hmmmmm....a bumper, a brake duct and a fascia takes 3-4 days? I had the fascia off in about 15 minutes.....).

There you have it: a $2000 run to Taco Bell.

Your story clearly proves that fast food is bad for you :D

Glad nobody was hurt bro..... :rock:

Kevan said:
I've also figured out how to calm myself while the truck is at the dealership. They're a great dealership and have been great in the past, but that was a very different vehicle. I have this fear that someone at the dealership will go, "Well, we needed to make sure the paint didn't ripple at 120....so...." and I come back to a truck with a paper-thin clutch and no rubber.
I'm going to drop it off with the spare on the driver's side rear. :D

Just remember to write down the mileage when you drop her off

Jeff

Just as safety measure:

Attachments

• P1000562.JPG
    P1000562.JPG
    607.5 KB · Views: 30
  • P1000563.JPG
    P1000563.JPG
    596.5 KB · Views: 33
Good thing no one was hurt.Material things can be replaced but not lives!

Kevan said:
Just as safety measure:

The difference between our trucks is that the gas gauge on mine never gets to F..lol

SCORE!

The truck is back, and it looks fabulous. No complaints at all. Paint is a perfect match and fit & finish is dead-on. My initial reaction is: Nice work!

There was a charge for an "Ambient Temp Sensor". I'm gonna look that one up and find out WTF is up with that....considering the truck said "70F" outside and it's actually about 55F. :) It's a pet peeve of mine, but they adjusted the drivers seat and pedals. I f-ing hate that.

Only 0.3 additional miles put on the truck. I'm VERY happy about that part. :D

I'll do a more in-depth inspection and post some pics once it stops raining out.

Anyone want a slightly dinged black front fascia? Due to it's large size, I probably won't ship it. Make me an offer. ($694 is the MSRP on it)

Anyone want a slightly dinged black front fascia? Due to it's large size, I probably won't ship it. Make me an offer. ($694 is the MSRP on it)

Bet that would be sweet in a game room.....made into something.

Kevan said:
There was a charge for an "Ambient Temp Sensor". I'm gonna look that one up and find out WTF is up with that....
So I checked the manual.
The Ambient Temp. Sensor is on the driver's side of the radiator, about half way up. There was no damage to the driver's side of the vehicle, at all.

Why would that sensor need to be replaced?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back