My gas tank was poisoned.

sealalot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I went bowling and I took the viper truck. The truck was out in the parking lot for about three hours. There was only about 1/4 tank of gas in it. On our way home that night it started jerking when I gave it gas. It wasn't a bad jerk, but it was noticeable. Later on that night I took it out and mashed on it a few times up and down the road to see what the hell the problem was. It seemed fine like nothing ever happened, so I forgot about it. The next time I drove it I filled up the tank, and it did fine..until tonight...when the tank got to about 1/4 full again.

It started jerking again, only this time REAL bad. I put 50 in the tank, and it started doing it even worse. I pulled over and opened the fuel door. I licked my finger and stuck it around the gas cap where the gas goes in. Shiny crystals all over my finger. Fucking sugar.

I got it home tonight, but barely. It also threw a check engine code. It idles fine, but give it gas and it jerks terribly. No power at all. So I'm assuming the fuel filter, injectors, and of course the tank, are gummed up with sugar. What am I looking at as far as repairing this? How many thousands of dollars will I have to dump into this mess? Does insurance cover this sort of vandalism?

That SUXXX :mad: I would think insurance would cover it if you have full coverage with vandalism ........... Good luck and keep us posted.

Not to worry.

Old wives tale (note first responder above) about sugar ruining an engine.

Here is a review of the rumor: http://www.snopes.com/autos/grace/sugar.asp

Try changing the fuel filter first...then if that does not solve the problem, have someone pull the tank and rinse it.

Now get some sleep!

sealalot said:
Last week I went bowling and I took the viper truck. The truck was out in the parking lot for about three hours. There was only about 1/4 tank of gas in it. On our way home that night it started jerking when I gave it gas. It wasn't a bad jerk, but it was noticeable. Later on that night I took it out and mashed on it a few times up and down the road to see what the hell the problem was. It seemed fine like nothing ever happened, so I forgot about it. The next time I drove it I filled up the tank, and it did fine..until tonight...when the tank got to about 1/4 full again.

It started jerking again, only this time REAL bad. I put 50 in the tank, and it started doing it even worse. I pulled over and opened the fuel door. I licked my finger and stuck it around the gas cap where the gas goes in. Shiny crystals all over my finger. Fucking sugar.

I got it home tonight, but barely. It also threw a check engine code. It idles fine, but give it gas and it jerks terribly. No power at all. So I'm assuming the fuel filter, injectors, and of course the tank, are gummed up with sugar. What am I looking at as far as repairing this? How many thousands of dollars will I have to dump into this mess? Does insurance cover this sort of vandalism?

Actually, I'd think this could be covered by your homeowners insurnace....

Fkn bastards............... Need a locking gas cap or locking fuel door...

Fkn bastards....

Fkn bastards........

D

Prof said:
Not to worry.

Old wives tale (note first responder above) about sugar ruining an engine.

Here is a review of the rumor: http://www.snopes.com/autos/grace/sugar.asp

Try changing the fuel filter first...then if that does not solve the problem, have someone pull the tank and rinse it.

Now get some sleep!
This is good to know :rock: :D

The first "MOD" I did to my truck was a Stant Locking Gas cap.

Did you check with the bowling alley to see if the Bastards were caught on security cameras?:mad:

May be worth nothing, but mythbusters busted the sugar theroy too

you'll need to take it in to the dealer, the filter is super effective, so it probably hasnt gotten past it too bad, but the filter is part of the tank, and I dont think it is a servicable item, not sure.

but your best bet is to take her in, she will need the tank flushed, as well as the entire system.

sorry for your problems bud:(

I believe that Tony is correct it is part of the tank. It will probably need to be dropped and pulled to fix the problem...but I doubt that there is any serious damage...just a pain in the ass.

supercar1of1 said:

Did you check with the bowling alley to see if the Bastards were caught on security cameras?:mad:

I don't think they have cameras, but I'm gonna call tomorrow to check for sure. On our way there that night, we passed my ex-wife and her piece of shit pussy boyfriend. It would be awesome if the bowling alley did in fact have cameras and I could prove he did it. I wouldn't call the cops. I'd just hold his 5"6, 120lb ass down and FORCE him to ingest the same amount of sugar he poured into my tank. Then I'd watch him go into sugar shock.

But seriously, I'm 99.9% sure this is what it is. The only thing that has me puzzled is that it ran fine for a while after that night. Maybe it just took that long to clog up the fuel filter.

supercar1of1 said:

That just sucks dude........I am sorry.

What is a "Stant" locking gas cap? Is that the one that wont throw a code or what?

I have had my work truck f#cked with twice now, I dont want my hot rod being the next victom. Thanks

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
That just sucks dude........I am sorry.

What is a "Stant" locking gas cap? Is that the one that wont throw a code or what?

I have had my work truck f#cked with twice now, I dont want my hot rod being the next victom. Thanks

patrick

It is a gas cap that has a key to remove it. Any decent auto parts store should have them. The same part # will fit several vehicles.

sealalot said:
I don't think they have cameras, but I'm gonna call tomorrow to check for sure. On our way there that night, we passed my ex-wife and her piece of shit pussy boyfriend. It would be awesome if the bowling alley did in fact have cameras and I could prove he did it. I wouldn't call the cops. I'd just hold his 5"6, 120lb ass down and FORCE him to ingest the same amount of sugar he poured into my tank. Then I'd watch him go into sugar shock.

But seriously, I'm 99.9% sure this is what it is. The only thing that has me puzzled is that it ran fine for a while after that night. Maybe it just took that long to clog up the fuel filter.

If you saw them near the scene, a good detective could interview them and probably get them to fess up.

supercar1of1 said:

It is a gas cap that has a key to remove it. Any decent auto parts store should have them. The same part # will fit several vehicles.

Ok, cool. I bought a keyed one for my work truck, dont know the brand though. I think I'll get another one for the hot rod. Lots of jeolous f#cks out there.

patrick

yep surgar in the take is a myth... mythbusters did an episode on this... the took a v8 and filled up a tank with a few pounds of sugar etc.. and id did absoutly nothing to the engine... so yes you may have plugged filter or something but the motor will be fine

I saw that episode, poor car by the way.

I got a couple of locking gas caps on Ebay for $20 I believe. There's a lot of vandals here..

another theory

I heard of guys putting multiple packs of cigarette rolling papers loosely in the gas tank. this was supposed to attach it'self to the screened pickup once the tank was closer to empty. effectively clogging the pickup until such time as you would fill it up and the papers would float around until the level was low again. Anyone want to bust the myth? :dontknow:

Someone was trying to hide their zig zags in the gas tank?

Hey guys Fyi the have a security camera system for cars now I will get the info and pretty cheap around $250 with 3 or 4 cameras that you can not see when mounted , Ithink I was designed more for you tubers but It does make a good security system, Just goes to show you what we half to do in todays day and age to protect our shit, I hope you catch the prick, these guys are right your filter probabally caught most of it and dodge can't get away from tank filters so thats the only bitch about it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back