My great uncle...

ntw0rk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty cool!!

My great uncle Jack, affectionately referred to as "Big Tall Jack", is a WWII veteran. He served as a tank platoon commander (Marine Lt Col) under Patton, and was on Iwo Jima when they raised the flag!

I just found out that he will be honored in July (On his 91st Birthday) in a ceremony in DC. I am not quite sure of all the details, but I believe he is going to be added as to the WWII Veteran's Memorial.

He is a very neat man, and well deserving of this honor!!

This 4th of July, please thank a veteran for their service! Remember that we could not celebrate "Independence Day" without their devotion to our country!!

Thats very cool Scott,thank your uncle for his service to the country.

ntw0rk said:
This is pretty cool!!

My great uncle Jack, affectionately referred to as "Big Tall Jack", is a WWII veteran. He served as a tank platoon commander (Marine Lt Col) under Patton, and was on Iwo Jima when they raised the flag!

I just found out that he will be honored in July (On his 91st Birthday) in a ceremony in DC. I am not quite sure of all the details, but I believe he is going to be added as to the WWII Veteran's Memorial.

He is a very neat man, and well deserving of this honor!!

This 4th of July, please thank a veteran for their service! Remember that we could not celebrate "Independence Day" without their devotion to our country!!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back