my new problem

popstoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good morning guys my 05rc yesterday went crazy on me and i would greatly appreciate some advice and input,this how it started i drove yesterday morning doing some errands for a total of about two hours with a couple of stops during the way.after driving about 35 min my truck started to miss third and fourth gear every other shift .the more i drove wile the truck was hot the shitier my shifter felt .i havnt missed a gear since i put in bm shifter except for reverse once in a while popping out,but yesterday it did ,alot.then i get home pull in driveway and hear a noiselike a light tin can hitting something where the trans meets engine.an hour later i take truck for ride for 20 min and bring truck in my garage to locate sound better,but the truck drives great no miss shifts and no noise,is the slave heating up that bad,or going,out,i have drivetrain warrenty does anyone khow if hydrolics are included,what the hell could that noise have been ,im ready to burn it.i was just getting the loive back before this happend.sorry for long thread. thanks

popstoy said:
good morning guys my 05rc yesterday went crazy on me and i would greatly appreciate some advice and input,this how it started i drove yesterday morning doing some errands for a total of about two hours with a couple of stops during the way.after driving about 35 min my truck started to miss third and fourth gear every other shift .the more i drove wile the truck was hot the shitier my shifter felt .i havnt missed a gear since i put in bm shifter except for reverse once in a while popping out,but yesterday it did ,alot.then i get home pull in driveway and hear a noiselike a light tin can hitting something where the trans meets engine.an hour later i take truck for ride for 20 min and bring truck in my garage to locate sound better,but the truck drives great no miss shifts and no noise,is the slave heating up that bad,or going,out,i have drivetrain warrenty does anyone khow if hydrolics are included,what the hell could that noise have been ,im ready to burn it.i was just getting the loive back before this happend.sorry for long thread. thanks

Not sure what the problem is, but YES, the hydraulics are covered. My slave was replaced at no charge...

when you tried to get into 3rd and 4th did it just lock you out or did you grind the gear? if it locked you out i believe it would be in the hydraulics since it wouldn't be releasing the clutch in order for you to shift.

before you take it to the dealer i would find out if installing a b&m shifter will void the warrenty or not.....

check the clutch slave/master fluid, mine was low at one point and caused a shifting issue...

pop how many miles? how long since you changed the brake fluid in the clutch slave?

reason being the fluid may be broke down, a good change of fluid and flush may jsut be what it needs bud, if that dont work prob new hydro system

26,000 thats what i was thinking,the resivoir is full.it only does when driving normal temp for some time.should i replace fluid with oem or is there some thing better.

is the fluid black or disscolored, if so , then most definitly a change is needed.

dont go back oem, go with a hi temp non silicone fluid, if you can get it locally do that, if not I got some wilwood fluid here, but it needs to be flushed completely and all new fluid put in,

now it may not cure the prob, but it usually what the problem is to be honest.

but start there, expexially since you said it got progressivly worse

if you can find valvoline in a gold bottle it had a nice temp range, but they disscontinued it, but you may still find it on some shelves.

wilwood
motul

check with local bike shops, those are the best places to find good hi temp fluid

well found my problem took apart console to check shifter last night all 4 bolts were loose.quite releived.thanks for all your help untill next time.

popstoy said:

Stink... Help. I'm in the same situation here, but I don't have a B&M. Im having trouble with third, sometimes fourth. But almost all the time, Reverse is a hell of a B!T@# to get into:mad: ... I haven't changed the fluid in there... to be honest I've never looked into what fluid keeps the trans, hydrolics, and or clutch going. A quick breakdown of what fluid for each of these would be great:eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back