My new tags are FINALLY here, but my truck isn't!

VA VIPERAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it? One day after I haul my truck to the dealer to get the harmonic balancer replaced under warranty, my new tags arrive.
Oh well, at least I have something to stare at!

BTW . . . Based on what I've read from you guys, I'm also having them replace the door seals with the revised ones.

im new here. whats this about the revised door seals? btw nice plate!

I prefer the anoymous approach when it comes to license plates, as the truck attracts more than enough attention on it's own, but if you're happy, I'm happy for ya!:beer:

Stanimal said:
im new here. whats this about the revised door seals? btw nice plate!
I think I read you have an '04 right?

The door seal will begin to tear at the front - towards the windshield. Just open your door and take a quick look. Mine is a little nicked up, but not enough to worry about.

ALSO, try to find out if your Crank Pulley has been fixed!!! The 04's had a problem with the bolts getting loose. Then the pulley starts to come off. It it goes that far, you've got problems. My serpentine belt started to squeak a while back and that's when I saw my crank pulley wasn't exactly 'straight'. :eek: Maybe you can check with the Dealer to see if this FIX was performed on your truck? OR you can remove them yourself, LocTite them and reinstall to 130lbs. I believe.:)

thanks for the info on the pulley. i know it was never fixed. i have a lot of miles on it and am amazed it never showed up. are the doorseals a recall or just a warrenty deal?

Stanimal said:
thanks for the info on the pulley. i know it was never fixed. i have a lot of miles on it and am amazed it never showed up. are the doorseals a recall or just a warrenty deal?
Pretty sure they're a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin). Should be covered under warranty.

Take a look at your crank pulley too! Open your hood and look from the passenger's side and try to see if the Crank pulley lines up with the rest of the pullies. Check your Belt for signs of wear/ slight shredding too! When you take the truck in, mention it to them to have a look as well.

When they let go they've been known to destroy cranks, along with a bunch of other stuff!

thanks. i just spoke to jeff the owner and he said they'll check it on friday. thanks for the help.

Hey guys, sorry I bailed out on my own post. My satellite connection crashed after I posted it. I was outside with a 1/2" wrench, a flashlight, and a laptop aiming the damn thing until 11PM. Works great now though.

My truck is supposed to be ready this evening. They work until 7:00. My crank was OK, so I'm just getting a new balancer (thank God). I'm not sure if they are drilling and tapping for the newer bolt or not. I'll find out soon. They are doing the upper door seals today as well. It's all supposed to be warranty, but I'll let you guys know later.

Hey Stanimal - As far as a warning sound on the loose balancer, all I heard was a chirping like an alternator bearing on my way home (which was the balancer spinning on the keyless crank). My belt never squealed probably because I have less than 8k miles and the tensioner took up the slack without bottoming out even with the loose balancer.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back