My Newest CF Visual Mod (something different)

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I've noticed the same old overhead compass console keeps showing up in everyone's trucks. I saw some neet stuff done in the past here with suede headliners and attempt to paint the plastic, but still the same compass console. I finally finished my custom console complete with starlight a cluster (for that in the mood night driving) wrapped in black vinyl and carbon fiber. Here's the end result... Hope yall like.....

VTCoA196.jpg

VTCoA197.jpg

VTCoA199.jpg

VTCoA200.jpg

VTCoA202.jpg

VTCoA201.jpg

VTCoA203.jpg

VTCoA204.jpg

VTCoA205.jpg

VTCoA206.jpg

VTCoA207.jpg

VTCoA209.jpg

I'm into CF...........Where'd it come from Anthony.........?

Looks nice...............very nice.........

D

I had to track down and catch up with an old timer in Cleavland TX. He used to build these things in dark wood for the Chevy/GMC Trophy, Regency, Anaheim, etc. Trucks back in the late 80s early 90s. Although he was the major TX manufacturer and distributor of Trophy Truck interiors, he said he normally doesn't do them anymore because he has no staff and it will take him long to build it. Besides, noone seems to be after these things these days. I ordered it in April and got it August 5th. But he did use my truck to make a template for the RC then went to work on it. He carefully built the compass into it as well. I was going to get a screen up there for the back up cam but I decided that would be too much overhead. Then I went to have it wrapped in vinyl and hung it today. If anyone is interested and has some time to wait I can give up the guy's info. I told him many more may come looking for his work. Total price including upholstry was around $850.00 USD....:D

Raises an issue in my mind...

What about changing the read out parameters of the display?

Rather than multiple gauges everywhere...any one considered making the display do what we want it to do?

Maybe Boost, Air/fuel ratio????

Just wondering...

Prof said:

Rather than multiple gauges everywhere...any one considered making the display do what we want it to do?

Just wondering...

More incredibly useful ideas from Prof...

Looks great Anthony. I know what I will be doing when I get me another regular cab now.

I know I will be copying but what the hell, it looks damn good.

Prof said:

Just wondering...

Not that hard to do. A lot of the diesel controllers do just that. One screen and you call up the information you want. It can also be programmed to automatically display an item if it exceeds a preset limit so you are aware that it's happening.

Could be wrong, but I think Jack has a control modual on his duelly.

Looks nice Anthony - something different :D I was wondering why you are typing so small these days??? :dontknow: :dontknow:

awesome! VERY nice design and work.

if you're looking for honest replies and not just a bunch of wow it looks great, I think it really detracts from the nice look of the srt-10. it looks like it came from 1985?

Sweet

Prof said:

Just wondering...

Good idea Prof. I'd love to have all my gauges up top to keep em out of the way. Is this possible?

Perry

different

I like the look. The opera lights are way cool as when I want lights in my cab I REALLY want lights. Now if we could figure out a package to include Anthonys style AND Prof's gauge module that would be way sweet. I'd be all over it.

Perry

looks great!

That is a hot look! Very nice...i have my brother, who is a freakin' computer wonderboy, working on something for the gauge idea...believes its not too hard to do. BTW, 102 Degrees???? Mannnn, where do you live? :eek: It was about 52 here in jerzey last night. My truck loves it.

I want one of those overhead consoles:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back