My Silver Beast

sparticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even hardly drive my truck since i work a 100 hours a week but i have started to get my parts in Thanks SRTDUB for the Paxton it looks sweeett! i had torrie send me a sct tuner with some basic tunes but i have Belanger headers coming innovate wide band all my guages. who ever had my truck before me used the shit out of the brakes so i got new drilled rotors and ceramic pads. in talking with scott it sounded like my tranny had been built by the way it shifts so im just going to run it and see how she holds under 7-8lbs of boost. Torrie also is sending 69lb injectors and 2 bar sensor to tune with :) Venomous racing kindly suplied me with some extra traction :rock: kicker shock and rear sway bar, he also persuaded me (it wasnt hard) to get his traction bars, ill let ya guys know how they work for me, powder coated viper blue. Justin ill be getting some engine bay stuff from ya looking to go that same blue:D some billet rails powdercoated intake ect. Looks like i wont be able to get time to put it in till jan 31 so that d-day. thanks everyone for your advice and help with the parts

Cool build keep us posted. I have a complete fuel system for sale if you need it.

Yea i saw that. If I was going to be able to make any sort of power I'd have to get it ;)

I am curious though for you guys that have the paxton what kinda power you making on stock internals with headers @8lbs I'm hoping to get 650 wheel conservative tuned

I don't know many that have tried 8lbs on stock internals. 6-7lbs is the most I've seen anyone push reliably. Once you go over that you risk breaking something. Also depends on how many miles are on your motor and how well its been taken care of. Just make sure u have a good tune and enough fuel. Me personally wouldn't go above 7lbs though, not unless the motor is built to handle it.

Yea i saw that. If I was going to be able to make any sort of power I'd have to get it ;)

I am curious though for you guys that have the paxton what kinda power you making on stock internals with headers @8lbs I'm hoping to get 650 wheel conservative tuned

Srt2slow is making 630 wheel on stock internals

Srt2slow is making 630 wheel on stock internals

i hope to be over 600. it has 95k on the truck but its in great shape. who knows i guess but i have plenty of fuel system for it and injectors, with sct tune by either torrie or chris. dont the stock pulleys on the truck do 8lbs?

I don't know many that have tried 8lbs on stock internals. 6-7lbs is the most I've seen anyone push reliably. Once you go over that you risk breaking something. Also depends on how many miles are on your motor and how well its been taken care of. Just make sure u have a good tune and enough fuel. Me personally wouldn't go above 7lbs though, not unless the motor is built to handle it.

:) honestly if i get a month or 2 out of it thats all i need to enjoy it and then ill have a reason to build it :rock: and do twin comp turbos

:) honestly if i get a month or 2 out of it thats all i need to enjoy it and then ill have a reason to build it :rock: and do twin comp turbos

Well then just go 10lbs! :D just don't put a rod through the block cause that will add a lot to the build. Lol

Wow, thats a great attitude to have... wait a minute, I have that great attitude I just don't have that great of a bank account!!!:dontknow:

Just do it, you know you want to tear into it!!!!!

Lol idk what to say to this... If that's the attitude why not just do it right all at once and be done with it

Hell ya!!! i will be getting that built shortblock quote to you soon bud.

well i got all my gauges, water meth kit and injectors from torrie. my paxton arrived now im just waiting for a day off work to install :)

I can't keep traction at any speed :):) of course that might be all the snow

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back