My very cheap solution for a better light

SRT911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello,

everything of our trucks is huge. But the light is extremely poor.

This weekend i had an idea: You only have to mount a relay, which is switching on the low beam, when high beam is on. So at least we have now a good high beam.

You can test the effect by pulling the high beam switch only a little bit.

What do you think about my idea?

best regards

SRT911

I think it's a great idea but wonder what effect it will have on bulb life and how hot it will burn. Don't know if the heat it will generate will hurt the lens/housing etc.

the low beam and fog lights shut off when high beam is on because you will lose night vision and actually see less distance. the low beam sucks balls though you're right.

They make a kit similar to this... they call it a "Bright Box". Not sure if they make it for Dodges tho. :dontknow: I'll see if I can find it again. :burnout:

I had one on my Superduty.... You DID NOT want to flash your brights at me. :D HEHEHEH

I thought the lights on my 06 were pretty decent. Guess there is one plus for the goofy looking headlights on 06's.

sometimes I go back home with new Fiat/VW/Audi´s from work.
in contrast, the light from my truck is not what I would describe as pretty good....

we have been doing this on chevys for years , its called the 4 hi mod, takes a 99 cent diode from radio shack , you jump your high beam to your low beam , so when your high is on your low comes on with it. uses all stock wiring and as long as you dont use a dual filament bulb like ford it will work just fine.

sometimes I go back home with new Fiat/VW/Audi´s from work.
in contrast, the light from my truck is not what I would describe as pretty good....

Better than what my Mustang and Corvette were. :dontknow:
I went the HID route in the headlights and fogs... no issues here

I got mine used from someone on the forum.
Try Xenon Depot. They are a forum vendor. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

There's a plug and play kit you can get on EBay that keeps the low beams on with the highs that will work on for our trucks for $20.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back