My White 2005 SRT-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

KARSRT-10 TRUCK

Reaction score
I purchased a 2005 White SRT 10 truck about 6 weeks ago. It is number 174 of 200. I am looking for a new white shifter knob. Mine is cracked and they have gone OBS from Chrysler. I have also tryed Hurst and they cannot supply one with the Viper logo on it. Can anyone help out??:)

the CE edition knob is still available from chrysler. There;s 8 left. none of the stock ones had a viper logo on em. I you want the knob with the blue viper logo they are available too. you'll need to make a adapter to screw on the factory handle. Dragon sells the knob and adapter

Last edited:
i could have sworn i have seen an all white 10. obviously it was aftermarket....but i have seen one. if yours has a number, and is ## out of 200. then it is most likely a Commemerative Edition (CE). congrats, they are sweet!!!

Welcome to the club, and contact the guys you have been offered, all good dudes with top-notch products and service.

There were 2 hail damaged CE's that were fixed and then sold new as non-CE's. Apparently 1 of them had the stripes replaced, but the other one was purchased by a former member here. His truck "Whitey" unfortunatly had to be sold. The new owner has not joined the forum and the original owner does not come around much anymore. But there was a factory all-white SRT-10 out there. Just one.

well lookey there, learn somethin new everyday. both of them still have their CE badging right? im suprized someone would leave the blue stripe off a CE. just seems wrong, like puttin chrome wheels on a NR

Chrysler removed the CE badging when they fixed them. They still had the blue stitching in the seats and most of the other stuff the CE's had. But they were NOT sold as CE's. They were also sold without stripes, Whitey actually looked pretty good. And being so rare if it was mine I wouldn't have put the stripes on either.

Chrysler removed the CE badging when they fixed them. They still had the blue stitching in the seats and most of the other stuff the CE's had. But they were NOT sold as CE's. They were also sold without stripes, Whitey actually looked pretty good. And being so rare if it was mine I wouldn't have put the stripes on either.

that is most deffinatly interesting. so really there are 198 CE and 2of 2 whitte ones. i remember the pic. i thought the all white truck looked sweet. very clean. just odd to do that to a special edition, not saying right or wrong or bad or anything like that,,,just odd. so i wonder which one this guy got. this will be interesting. but if he said a number it must be a CE. unless someone out there purposly took the blue out.

wait, so did whitey buy one of these, or did he just repaint a truck white???

I wish I could remember his screen name, but Whitey (Trucks name) was bought new from a dealer without stripes. The owner didn't repaint Whitey, he bought it that way from Dodge. Legend has it that the other all-white repaired hail damaged truck was sold all white as well but that owner put the stripes on. All we have ever heard on that one is hear-say because it was never verified.

The old banner at the top of the page used to have a picture of Whitey in it.

Maybe someone else on here still has a picture of it

There were 2 hail damaged CE's that were fixed and then sold new as non-CE's. Apparently 1 of them had the stripes replaced, but the other one was purchased by a former member here. His truck "Whitey" unfortunatly had to be sold. The new owner has not joined the forum and the original owner does not come around much anymore. But there was a factory all-white SRT-10 out there. Just one.

Thats how I understood it as well. So the one white one has no number? :dontknow:

"Whitey" was the only ALL WHITE srt-10.... what has been said is correct. Two were hail damaged (CE's) that were sent back to Chrysler by the dealer. Chrysler repaired them and resold them to a dealer. They did not have stripes after the repair. The person that bought one of them had the stripes put back on his.... he must have been thinking he wanted it to be a CE again..... But, the owner of "Whitey" never put the stripes back on. In fact he eventually got Chrysler to DOCUMENT they did the repair and that it was sold NEW with NO STRIPES. Therefore, he now has a 1 OF 1 Dodge SRT-10. One and ONLY all white truck made. Talk about a "special edition". :):rock:

And for the record.... Whitey is my ALL TIME favorite truck in all of SRT-10dom. :eek::burnout:

The owner's screen name was "10BOOM"

Hi guys.........yep, it's me, I don't get to spend much time on here these days, but I do check the place out occasionally to make sure Roz and Stinker don't run everyone off.

Riff got it right on the story with Whitey. I bought the truck new from a Dodge dealer in central PA and they divulged to me that it and another CE received hail damage on the way to the dealerships from the facility that put the stripes on them. They even gave me the paperwork showing the $595.00 charge for paintless dent removal. The trucks were then stripped of their CE status because the people that had ordered them did not want prior damage, so they built two more CE's. The new #9 CE supposedly lives in Kentucky. That guys has the CE 009/200 badge inside his truck, but his vin # is out of sequence with the rest of them.

The issue that arose out of them building two more was that my truck and the other one already carried the CE vin #'s (whitey is 009 out of 200) so they had to build two out of sequence CE's. They then sold the two damaged trucks as solid summit white. I don't have a CE plaque, but I do have the CE interior. The other damaged truck was sold by Roanoke Dodge in Illinois to a guy in New Foundland and the owner paid to have the stripes put back on. I guess Whitey is the only all white one left. Not sure about the monetary value, but it sure was cool to me to have the story go along with the truck.

Last edited:
Old banner with Whitey

ed48b7a0.jpg

that is awsome, and yes, the banner is where i saw the pic. 1 of 1 is a pretty damn good reason to keep it stripeless. but the "other guy" poor dude just wanted a CE, but all he god was the paint and stitching with no badging, but i guess the VIN will tell the true story huh.

awsome story, very cool:rock:

that is awsome, and yes, the banner is where i saw the pic. 1 of 1 is a pretty damn good reason to keep it stripeless. but the "other guy" poor dude just wanted a CE, but all he god was the paint and stitching with no badging, but i guess the VIN will tell the true story huh.

awsome story, very cool:rock:

Here's some pics of "Whitey"

whiteSRT101.jpg

whiteSRTgloss.jpg

srt-10tree.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

Whitey is #009 of 200

Dude, that is such a cool story, so they actually have 200CE's, 1 of 1 Summit white, and one "clone CE" that has a CE vin but no badge. that is seriously the best 10 story i have ever heard. funny thing is Roanoke dodge is like a half hour from my house in Pekin IL. and it is no more than 5 min drive from my work in Goodfield IL. i believe not to long ago, Roanoke Dodge was the biggest Viper dealer this side of the Mississippi River. they have a HUGE Morton building off to the side of the dealership that holds countless vipers. talked with a lucky few that have had the privilage of walking through there.

and all this right in my back yard. truly awsome:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back