Nascar technical institute

GADodgetech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering going to NTI after i graduatue high school, i just dont know much about the opportunities once I graduate. I've been working at the dodge dealer in town for 2 years now and I do chrysler training. But I definatley dont want to work for a dealer, i want to build race engines. I've toured NTI in mooresville, NC. Its a cool place and I can learn alot, I just dont know if engine builders are in high demand right now? any input would be appreciated.

I have friends who have graduated from NTI. None of them works for a race team. I believe they tell you up front that very few grads end up with race teams. And with companies pulling their sponsorship agreements from teams fror '09 because of the economy, I'd say it would be difficult at best to get on with a team.

Just my .02. Come to Macon.

Good luck! I hope you get the job of your dreams.. just keep being the BEST at what you do and it shouldn't be too far off.

Man once you get sucked into turning wrenches its hard to get out...I also had planned to attend NTI when I started UTI back in 03-04...However Once I really looked into very few people actually get picked or even land jobs in Nascar. My recruiter liked me a lil bit and told me straight up. If you do NTI it would be fun for the experience but you could also learn the same stuff if you hang out with some of the folks that do dirt 8th mile racing somewhere around your town....Very unlikely that you get a job,,,As far as building an engine,,,the best way to learn is build your very own and Imo a book and internet forums will go a long way and not cost you $5k plus...

Most jobs in glamour industries do not pay very well until you become "somebody" and therefore "marketable".

The reason being that the "in" people feel that it's a stepping stone to great fortune and you need to pay some serious dues first....

This is true in Hollywood, on radio and most every other "glamour and fame" industry in the world....

You wanna work here, huh....? We'll see about that......

That's why there are so many unions.

D

Django said:
Most jobs in glamour industries do not pay very well until you become "somebody" and therefore "marketable".

The reason being that the "in" people feel that it's a stepping stone to great fortune and you need to pay some serious dues first....

This is true in Hollywood, on radio and most every other "glamour and fame" industry in the world....

You wanna work here, huh....? We'll see about that......

That's why there are so many unions.

D
Good point Tim.:rock: :rock: :rock:

Well....

I say don't let anyone steal your dreams.....

If you want to work for a race team, you need to do what ever it takes to get there even if it means sweeping floors to start off with.

Good luck, I hope to see your name someday as Chief engine builder

VJ

Thanks guys, your right when i was there they make sure that you are well aware of their "employment not garunteed" thing they have. I know even if i dont get on a team it will be a hell of alot easier to get hired than joe somebody. BTW i will be in macon :rock:

ViperJeff said:
Well....

I say don't let anyone steal your dreams.....

If you want to work for a race team, you need to do what ever it takes to get there even if it means sweeping floors to start off with.

Good luck, I hope to see your name someday as Chief engine builder

VJ

I hope you didn't think I was trying to steal his dreams, Jeff......

I was simply giving him an idea what to expect, not to piss on his leg.

He will need to have the mindset you described and never say die...

Good Luck with your dream, bro...

D

Django said:
I hope you didn't think I was trying to steal his dreams, Jeff......

I was simply giving him an idea what to expect, not to piss on his leg.

He will need to have the mindset you described and never say die...

Good Luck with your dream, bro...

D
I know what you guys are saying, I think as long as I can stand out from everybody else the oppurtunities will be endless.

They told me about a program called "spec engine", they said if you are at the top of the class you get put on a team to build a motor that will go into a cup car. the ten students that did it last year all have jobs at respected shops. sounds like a ticket in to me:dontknow:

Brandon, I didn't mean to rain on your parade, either. My friends were in the first group of grads from NTI, and the school used to really harp on the NASCAR part of their name. Many of the new students thought they'd be hired right out of school onto a team...they weren't. The school has since changed it's marketing approach. Don't get me wrong, my buddies have landed great careers with some great companies with the help of the schools placement program.
If you have a dream, go for it. There is no one in your way but you.

Best of luck to you, and if you do come to Mooresville, you'll have some of the bestest VTCOA members within a wrench throw.

labontecsi said:
Brandon, I didn't mean to rain on your parade, either. My friends were in the first group of grads from NTI, and the school used to really harp on the NASCAR part of their name. Many of the new students thought they'd be hired right out of school onto a team...they weren't. The school has since changed it's marketing approach. Don't get me wrong, my buddies have landed great careers with some great companies with the help of the schools placement program.
If you have a dream, go for it. There is no one in your way but you.

Best of luck to you, and if you do come to Mooresville, you'll have some of the bestest VTCOA members within a wrench throw.
Thanks guys i knew you would have the answer. Now i just need to find the cash to get in. Long road ahead. :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back