Nav install question???HELP lol

pm.racing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 QC Nightrunner, it has the cd player installed and I bought one of the Pioneer in dash navigation units part# AVIC-8920BT. This one is the in dash nav not the flip up type. I do need the Nav dash right?? So i have to get rid of the CD radio dash and get the Nav dash?? just freakin out, I dont wont to harm my pretty Nightrunner #210 dash plack..( by the way Crutchfield said sure it will work........:mad: So I need help again....:confused:

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:
You have to replace the whole bezel . And that means the emblem will have to be moved or you wont have it . you need the double din kit . Thats the kit that comes with the factory navis its a pain in the ass and you may need to buy the harness if you have the infinity sound system .. Any questions just ask i just went through this .

Oh great that sucks it seems like I cant find a bezel that matches my black one. I ordered the install kit from Crutchfield is that what i need for the double DIN kit?? UGH!!!!:(

Your gonna have to call the dealer and tell them you have a nightrunner and you want the same bezel that came with you r truck only one that fits a factory navi . Once you get the bezel you still need the fit kit for the aftermarket radio ( i put a double din pioneer in mine to ) the you change the whole bezel make sure you get the wiring harness for the infinity the you need to put the radio in the fit kit and that slides in the new bezel .. Its a pain in the ass . the bezel is like 160 and the harness is like 140 . I can take a pic of mine and show you what i mean if you would like ..

Yea any pics would be great, I call Dodge asap...Ive spent about 1300 so far for all the adapters and I want it right but damn your right what a pain and I havent even gotten started on the install......:(

REPOMAN1 said:
Your gonna have to call the dealer and tell them you have a nightrunner and you want the same bezel that came with you r truck only one that fits a factory navi . Once you get the bezel you still need the fit kit for the aftermarket radio ( i put a double din pioneer in mine to ) the you change the whole bezel make sure you get the wiring harness for the infinity the you need to put the radio in the fit kit and that slides in the new bezel .. Its a pain in the ass . the bezel is like 160 and the harness is like 140 . I can take a pic of mine and show you what i mean if you would like ..
Pain in the ass???? Not at all. The wire harness adapter takes about 20 minutes to connect to the aftermarket radio harness and the radio chassis fits very easily into the face plate adapter kit. whole job should take about 45 minutes to an hour, especially if you're using the factory speakers. Almost totally plug 'n play.

pm.racing, good luck getting any dealer to help you with that part. Here in the Dallas area, all Dodge dealers (5) will only look the vehicle up by vin. If you do this then that part you need is not listed because your vin will be tied to your dash. So........

Guess what? I got you covered:D :D :D

Lt. Woodgrain/Gray----5JZ121DHAC Click Here For Pic
Dk. Woodgrain/Silver----1HG401AAAA Click Here For Pic
Silver/Khaki---------------B003X88EJK Click Here For Pic
Silver/Black---------------5KS701DHAB Click Here For Pic

There are more colors out there but these are typically the popular ones.

Any questions, hit me up. Did one in the shop last week. The light woodgrain looks killer:rock:

Santeen is right, it is a pretty easy (straightforward) install. Did you say $1300 for adapters?!?!?!?!!!!

What in the hell did you buy?
Steering Wheel controls $75
Harness $100
Antenna Adapter $15
Dash Kit $20
Navigation Bezel $100 - $150

Please tell me you are including the price of the unit you are installing!

5_0_BAIT said:
Santeen is right, it is a pretty easy (straightforward) install. Did you say $1300 for adapters?!?!?!?!!!!

What in the hell did you buy?
Steering Wheel controls $75
Harness $100
Antenna Adapter $15
Dash Kit $20
Navigation Bezel $100 - $150

Please tell me you are including the price of the unit you are installing!
It's good to have you back Frank.:rock: :rock:

Yes, lol head unit and all accessories lol....I may go with the black to try to keep it stock looking... Just hurt my feelings not keeping the pretty painted dash where it should be... hell even thought about taking the radio bezel to the paint shop and having them match it up...:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back