Navagation Radio Bezel Help????

pm.racing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok heres the question...lol I have a Night Runner I have ordered the new navagtion bezel and it came in what I was going to do was paint it black and have the Night Runner emblem removed and put in the oem spot. I took it to my paint guy and he said that because the plastic was textured he coulnt paint it without it being horrible. Now what I need is,,,, does anyone sell the Navagiton radio bezel with a smooth texture so that it can be painted??? I have some money tied up in the Nav and componets but I want it to be done right... Ive asked several others including Steve White Dodge and the all seem lost.....Thanks again Guys:toilet:

Last edited:
Why couldnt a body shop add some body filler to it to smoothin it out,then sand it,primer it and then paint it? Or get one from a Laramie truck,they are smooth with that wood look or silver in my 06 2500 diesel ???

Last edited:
That's weird. Normally they just sand the piece down and add filler and paint. Is their a reason why he said he could not do this? That is how they smooth dashes and such.

I am not aware of a ALL smooth nav dash bezel. They all (that I know of) are textured at the bottom.

Ugh yall have got me... When he looked at it he just shook his head saying that I wouldnt be happy. I figured the same thing a little sanding and filler and you are good to go. I thnk he was worried about the cracks where the silver meet black dash part not being able to get into that area.
But yea my biggest concern is do they even make a smooth one?

Take it to a different shop... They do this kind of thing all the time. With the fine texturing on these, they just need to use a high-build primer and they can sand that to make it smooth... spray with paint, clear, and yer done! Easy-peasy! :dontknow:

Hell, I just rattle-canned a (textured) GMC side mirror the same way and it came out great! :eek:

there is a carbon fiber looking bezel for an 06 ram what year is your truck? i can look into this for you.

We have 2006 and yes they come carbon fiber but in the night runner they come in a high gloss black and the same with the top piece of the cup holder and cubby hole area. I'm my mineral gray it was carbon fiber but nr is gloss black. I'm also looking for replacements

It has been a serious pain... I took it to three shops and everyone said wouldnt work... They painted it gloss black and it looks nice but I want the original look. I ordered another one that is supposedly smooth but has the woodgrain front. So now if it is smooth I will have it painted black and silver and hopefully that will seal the deal.....

pm.racing said:
It has been a serious pain... I took it to three shops and everyone said wouldnt work... They painted it gloss black and it looks nice but I want the original look. I ordered another one that is supposedly smooth but has the woodgrain front. So now if it is smooth I will have it painted black and silver and hopefully that will seal the deal.....
Hope it works out for you bro.

you can get the factory NR bezel for Nav.. PM me your vin and I'll get you the p/n

It's probably b/c of the material it's made of. No matter how you do it, it's gonna end up flaking or some sort. I'm not totally sure but that's what I figured from the paint department(I'm a body tech at a shop). We've done things like that before but dont offer the lifetime warranty before hand. And the ones we do, does flake, etc... GL

Ok, guys here is what the paint guy did for me. He painted the dash bezel about 10 times.....Yea really 10 times but the final product actually looks like carbon fiber under black paint.... Strange but looks good...I have another dash I had ordered on ebay that has came in. It is Smooth all over but the enitire bezel will have to be painted it is the 06 woodgrain. SO anyone wanting to acomplish this for a Night Runner get the woodgrain dash for an 06 and have it painted and it will match perfectly... if not you can still have a nice dash but with ten coats of paint lol

did any 05's come with a double din bezel oem or all 1 and a half din bezels?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back