Need 12.90's - advice

lilred7879

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK - been doing a lot of reading and just need you guys to cut to the chase for me.

The wife's convertible C-6 runs high 12.90-13.00's -- I have to at least keep up!

The truck 2006 - QC - got the SCT tuner and Torrie "canned" 93 tune and a drop in K&N.

Planning on the JMB cat-less mids and getting it dyno tuned after that.

So what do you suggest to get to the magic 13.00 after the above?

And why weren't you at the Torries Dyno day in Jax a couple weeks ago?

wesalbert said:
And why weren't you at the Torries Dyno day in Jax a couple weeks ago?

Lazy...

Actually was taking sailing lessons with the wife.

shift kit, converter, catless mids, and a good tune, and a new set of plugs,,some drag radials(I think ironhead has some) and you are in the mid twelves sir

TNVIPER said:
Stinker's hi-stall convertor and drag radials....should put you in the 12s..

OK what if I do not go for the drag radials - need to match her heads up anytime-anywhere.

Forgot - I got a 170 thermostat also (not installed or tuned for yet)

lilred7879 said:
OK what if I do not go for the drag radials - need to match her heads up anytime-anywhere.

You can get by without the DRs if you practice....might consider a tire like the GoodRich....great dry weather traction though not good on a wet road..

Did someone mention TORQUE CONVERTER??????? :DTake it from me, I got the same exact truck. Do exactly what was mentioned above. The key to getting solidly into the 12's is the TORQUE CONVERTER. Everything else will get you close, but not quite, until you get the TC. It knocked off a solid 3 tenths in the 1/8 mile, should easily knock off 4-5 tenths in the 1/4. This should be one of the top three mods done to a QC. SCT and catles mids are the other two. Contact Tony at JTSVP and he'll set you up with a bad ass custom TC. Also, mentioned above was a shift kit. Mainly because the torque converter will soften the shifts up and the shift kit will help firm them back. Also, it will increase line pressure, which will help get the fluid flowing better through the cooler.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
the convertor alone may get you there, pm santeen, ask him on the converter;)
No need to PM. I just posted up exactly what he needs to hear. Did I mention that I love my torqu converter.:D :burnout:

SANTEEN said:
No need to PM. I just posted up exactly what he needs to hear. Did I mention that I love my torqu converter.:D :burnout:
Hehehehe....like you would know:aetsch: :aetsch:

lilred7879 said:
You gotta understand, you're giving up a lot of wight to the vette and the HP is close to yours. Also on street tires the vette is gonna grab traction much better than your truck. But, as Larry mentioned above, your best chance in street trim is gonna be with a set of Bfgoodrich KDW's. Practice launching and you'll be pretty close from a dig.

TNVIPER said:
Would you 2 love birds quit flirting and hoing this thread....:burnout:
You'e right larry. Okay, did I mention that he should contact Tony for a Torque Converter?

FATJACK said:
He got good advice, we are just closing out the thread for him.:D
Yup, he should be whooping that vette in no time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back