NEED A NEW CLUTCH!!!!

Ventura SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted last week with clutch issues and it turned out to be a slave cylander and the clutch was DONE..... they said it will be $1200. with parts and labor, that price is with a aftermarket clutch assembly from "fast parts" at the price of $470. or if I wanted to go with the factory clutch assembly it was going to be $680. so my question is should I go with the aftermaket at $1200. or go factory at $1400. or is there a better clutch I should go with? and does this seem like a fair price?:dontknow:

I put a centerforce in last weekend. I paid $700 for pressureplate and dual friction disc ! Parts are not cheap. Real easy to work on. Lots of room. Probably 4-5 hrs for a shop I suspect.

I put a centerforce in last weekend. I paid $700 for pressureplate and dual friction disc ! Parts are not cheap. Real easy to work on. Lots of room. Probably 4-5 hrs for a shop I suspect.

thanks for the feed back..... I have heard of centerforce before but dont know anything about them, are they "high performance" clutch assemblys?? and where did you get your's?

If you're looking forward to replacing your clutch again then install the stock OEM clutch system. If you're wanting a stronger set up then go with the Centerforce and, if possible, real Viper hydraulics and stuff. Oh yeah, make sure you replace your throw-out bearing too. To acquire a Centerforce clutch ontact JMB Justin on this forum or go to www.jmbperformance.com. He's one of our trusted vendors. I got a replacement one from him just last year. Great price too.

Last edited:
Just had my clutch done at Dodge. The aftermarket price was about the same using a LUK clutch (OEM for Dodge). Had everything replaced and it was about $1300 including labor. Since I wanted stock I figured the dealer is best bet since I get 12/12 warranty with it.

You can buy a Centerforce clutch for under $500 on Amazon. I put one in mine with the Viper hydraulics and haven't had a problem since.

I had a CenterForce clutch that lasted about 15,000 miles....I replaced it with a Spec Stage III from JTS Venom Perf.......After driving with the Spec I wouldnt install a CenterForce if it were free.....

My truck put out 700+ RWTQ.....It would fry the tires thru 1st and 2nd but if I hit 3rd at WOT while the truck was moving at less than 60MPH the clutch (stock & CenterForce) would slip and smoke like crazy....The Spec would hold and continue frying the tires to 4th...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back