Need advice about a Mitsubishi Generator

dilly03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some advice on Mitsubishi Generator that I recently purchased for general farm use. It is a brand new MGE6700...13 hp 6700 watt generator with electric start and an auto-idle feature that idles the engine down when there is no draw. The idle feature was the main reason we picked this generator.

Anyway, I put a little gas in it and fill it with oil and it started right up. The only problem I noticed was the auto idle feature not working. When I turned on an electric tool the engine would immediately speed up, but would never idle back down. I tried making adjustments on all the adjusting screws and linkage, but I still had the same problem. I ordered it online from a great company. They have done nearly everything they could to help me out, however, Mitsubishi won't take back the generator because the engine was running. :mad: The online company said they could knock $200 off the total sale price ($2125) for my troubles.

I haven't contacted Mitsubishi yet. That will probably be my next step.

Does anyone know of anybody in the St. Louis area that would be interested in buying this from me (naturally at a discount) or of any dealers that would be able to service the generator????

Thanks in advance, guys.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back