Need advice/help

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone one here work at a dealership or sell cars?

Do to my unfor situation I have to sell my srt but heres what I need help on.

I have a buyer in mind, he wants my truck and wants to trade his srt8 for it. Im fine with this, then all I have to do is sell my regular 2006 ram and tack the left over onto my payments of the srt 8 in question. We both owe and are willing to keep our current balances on our vehicles. I would just need to trade in/sell my other truck for this to work out nicely. The srt 8 is in TX and im in IL. Can anyone help out or lead me in the right direction here, the dealer I was trying to deal with i being a dick and not helping.

Sounds like you both need to contact your lenders and see what they need to allow the other to take over the loan. Sounds complicated to me but possible.

Already have tried that, ignore the thread, this is retarded. Currently the lenders are screwing everyone so I am just going to have to pass, I finally got ahold of my friend and hes going another route with my truck to sell her. sorry the the other interested member, left you a message explaining the mess trying this would cause. Back to the drawing board..................

You got a messy one here.

One or both of you needs to pay off the balance of your loan to get the title for the vehicle to be sold. Hopefully, I understand what you are trying to do. Here is a suggestion. Personally, I think you would be better off just selling either the 2006 or the SRT-10 and then putting the money down on what you owe on the remaining vehicle b/c you are going to start over on financing.

In the end you are both actually swapping vehicles for whatever each of you owes. If I understood your post correctly. In other words neither one of you is going to benefit from this. Simply put, to do what you wanted, you each need to pay off your existing loans and then swap vehicles and titles.

Now you have the debt to pay off you had to borrow to pay off your loans. Reading your post it sounded like that is what you were trying to do.

I know you wanted to swap loans but why would the lender do that? They would lose all of the interest. They are going to make you start over on whatever balance you end up having to pay to them. That is why I am saying someone needs to pay off the loan first. You are basically calling the lender and saying me and Billy want to trade cars, just swap our loans. Don't worry we'll pay ya. Somebody is going to want money to satisy the loan. Otherwise you are asking the lenders to take care of it for you.

SlvrSnake said:
You got a messy one here.

One or both of you needs to pay off the balance of your loan to get the title for the vehicle to be sold. Hopefully, I understand what you are trying to do. Here is a suggestion. Personally, I think you would be better off just selling either the 2006 or the SRT-10 and then putting the money down on what you owe on the remaining vehicle b/c you are going to start over on financing.

In the end you are both actually swapping vehicles for whatever each of you owes. If I understood your post correctly. In other words neither one of you is going to benefit from this. Simply put, to do what you wanted, you each need to pay off your existing loans and then swap vehicles and titles.

Now you have the debt to pay off you had to borrow to pay off your loans. Reading your post it sounded like that is what you were trying to do.

I know you wanted to swap loans but why would the lender do that? They would lose all of the interest. They are going to make you start over on whatever balance you end up having to pay to them. That is why I am saying someone needs to pay off the loan first. You are basically calling the lender and saying me and Billy want to trade cars, just swap our loans. Don't worry we'll pay ya. Somebody is going to want money to satisy the loan. Otherwise you are asking the lenders to take care of it for you.

You are not correct in benefit,
He would get a truck he can tow with and I would get a vehicle I could drive safely in the winter and summer. The other benefit for me was to be I could sell my second truck and drop down to one vehicle but either way this deal wouldnt go through do to the loan situation and the fact that the dealer I was dealing with would only give me 10,000 for a 2006 dodge ram 1500 and thats just a rip off in my book. Unfort I look to be stuck with the ram and no srt in my near to distant future. I would have liked the deal but among others things the other problem was they wanted both of us to pony up 10g's min to make the deal even go through!! Dam economy and rip off dealer books! Im just stuck selling out my pride and joy outright now, what a crappy end to a great thing......................

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back