Need advice please

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some of you may know I have ended up with Dom's old single turbo setup (complete less turbo) and at the end of the day traction is going to be a slight concern now.

I have plans to buy a DTS rear axle so I can mount the Bogarts along with the Hoosiers I have had sitting in my garage for what seems like forever.

Problem is the DTS rear axle is too much money in my opinion and the Canada/US exchange currently isn't worth a shit, so a $3700 part in my money costs about $4800 not including shipping, and the fact that DTS are not willing to help with any out of country shipments......Anyway, long story short I wish we had a different option other than DTS who was easier to work with.

But the advice I need, is I have a guy who has offered me $3500 for my factory wheels and tires, but Im not sure if I want to let them go. What would you guys do? The extra coin will help fund a rear axle, but I'm not sure driving around on slicks 100% of the time is all that wise. Id just hate to kick myself after for letting the wheels go.....

One other determining factor is when using the front exit exhaust I cannot run the factory 22's on the front as there isn't enough clearance. So the likely hood of me ever using the stock 22's isn't that likely.....

Ugh... That's a tough call, I'm like a damn pack-rat with OEM stuff so you probably shouldn't listen to me as I would keep them, although that's a ton of money for four tires/wheels. As for the rear-end, have you looked into just having something custom made using a Ford 9"? If you are having to spend in excess of $5,000 there has to be a better alternative.

Did you look into Moser rear end, they do custom builds and you can get them through Mopac. I know I'm getting tired of getting screwed every time I have something shipped especially UPS

Check out factory reproductions. Quality oem looking wheels can be had for a grand. That's all 4. Just a thought if you wanna sell the wheels then go with those. $2500 profit

Ugh... That's a tough call, I'm like a damn pack-rat with OEM stuff so you probably shouldn't listen to me as I would keep them, although that's a ton of money for four tires/wheels. As for the rear-end, have you looked into just having something custom made using a Ford 9"? If you are having to spend in excess of $5,000 there has to be a better alternative.

I looked into doing a 9", but I was told by some of the gear know it alls that the Dana 60 is a stronger unit. Maybe it was smoke up my ass, but maybe not?

Did you look into Moser rear end, they do custom builds and you can get them through Mopac. I know I'm getting tired of getting screwed every time I have something shipped especially UPS

I have also looked into the Moser units, but not through Mopac. Honestly at the end of the day a proven unit that is bolt in no pissing around sounds good to me. I guess I shouldn't bitch about price then, right...

Check out factory reproductions. Quality oem looking wheels can be had for a grand. That's all 4. Just a thought if you wanna sell the wheels then go with those. $2500 profit

I also thought of this same concept, I might just go ahead and sell these ones and if I ever need a factory type wheel just get a new set of repops.

I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for a simple dana 60. Its not like an srt-10 rear axle is super complicated, and you don't need the rear abs stuff anyway, it will read the mph off the front abs sensors. I personally would ditch the stock wheels, get a Dana 60 with a spool and 3.73's.

Bam right here, under $2100 US (retail no less), weld some shock brackets on (about $200 for any decent welder/fabricator) and add a $500 brake kit:

S60 rear end / spool / 35 pro race axles / leaf spring mounts - S60 - Complete Rear End Assemblies - Drag Race

S-Series Rear Brake Kits - Brake Kits / Components - Drag Race

Buy an extra set of rear Bogarts and put some 315/60/15's MT Drag Radials on them, they are 30x13.5, they will look nice still, they drive great in dry weather, and you'll get 5000 or so miles out of them having fun. Your front tire will only be 29" or so tall anyway depending on what you put on there. Dom has 28's on his now and they look good, a touch small but not out of place.

Doms_twin_turbo_srt10_370-1024x768.jpg

I'd keep the OEM wheels. I'd also be looking into a Danatrac 60. Honestly, a semi-floating 60 housing can't be that hard to find. Spools and axle shafts are cheap. You could easily build your own axle, Tyler. You could even use your factory housing as a start.

In my opinion you're trying to solve an imaginary problem. I'm pulling low 1.5 60' consistentlywith nothing but hardened spider gears. You want tires for the street buy a set of m&h390's with some bogarts with the correct offset to tuck them under the truck, trainman was pulling low 1.6's on them all day long again on a stock rear end.

I would forget about a DTS axle and build up the one you have now. 5000 bones for an axle isn't worth it to me, especially since we already have a Dana 60.

Keep your OEM wheels, definitely. Who knows what could happen down the road with the truck. To me, even if I only ran slicks and skinnies all the time, I'd still keep them. Yours are probably mint too, those are getting hard to come by anymore. You can always go out and buy wheels and tires and axels. Not you're original prestine OEM's though.

Sell the stock wheels and put on the bogarts! You will never go back! Your truck has so many mods , keeping the stock wheels won't help you . The Dana is plenty strong for the traction you will find.

Sell the wheels for that kind of money. You can replace them down the line for much, much cheaper.

I agreed to sell them, he said he would pick them up this Thursday. Now buddy has now come back and said he needs another month to gather the funds.

Why do people negotiate or even ask if shit is for sale if they don't have any money? Fking losers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back