Need Help!!! Paintball Marker

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure that someone here is an avid paintballer and could steer me in the right direction. Looking for a paintball marker for my son for Christmas. What a good beginner marker? Looking on ebay and a couple of good deals, but not sure of the quality of the markers.

Would it be better to purchase a cheat good marker or a new cheap marker?

Please help!!!

Last edited:
I would think a little of everything, but mostly would be speed ball. I would be playing with him as well.:D

505'sFastestViper. said:
i have never had any probs with my invert mini easy to clean easy to change modes would be a good gun for starters and the are very reasonable!!!!!

Those are a little expensive there bud :argh:

Great beginner marker that is inexpensive is an Ion. Here's a beginners kit on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Smart-Parts-ION...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e593cb885 Later he'll need to update the hopper to a faster one as he upgrades the marker to shoot faster. I warn you Alex, this will get expensive.The balls are expensive and you go through a whole shitload. My son wanted to do this 3 years ago. I soon found myself wanting to play with him. I'm mianly an ICD (Indian Creek Designs) guy. They went out of business about two years ago. But they make some great markers. The ICD Promaster is a good entry level gun, I got for of those. And, I love my FS8's. It's an extremelt fast and smooth marker.

I have an a5 w/ etrigger & flatline barrel for sale...

would sell it inexpensively..haven't played in a couple years.

I have played for the last 9 years. from woodsball to pro speedball. If cost is a concern you have to take into consideration the tank, mask, hopper and gun. If you shoot a good electronic gun you will need to buy a high pressure tank, cost for 3000 psi about $125 and for 4500 psi about $225. Plus you will need a fairly fast hopper, about 20 bps minimum cost $75 to $150.
If he is just startting out you may want to go with a cheaper option to see if he is gonna stick with it.
A tippman A-5 would be much cheaper as it includes a hopper and can run on CO2 tank. The gun is about $200 and the tank is like $40. If he gets hooked then he can start to upgrade his equipment.
I would suggest getting a real good mask from the start. One with a thermal lens which will prevent fogging.

Its been a while since i've played but its a blast... I always stuck to the cheap wally world markers.... but the tipman 98 customs and the A5 are nice... had a buddy with a 98 custom with the flatline barrel and it was a great gun ;) it can get expensive but you dont need to go over the top startin out to have fun.

hands down best marker to have even for a starter that he will love for a long time is a ion. I have played with an angel and ion and they are within spitting distance if you ask me,

you can get an ion for like 200 bucks

Like others suggested get a smart parts ION, their very durable and reliable guns and great for beginners. I ran a online paintball store for quite a few years so i know just about every marker inside and out, i actually still have a old ion from when they first came out have not shot it about 3 years and i tried it tonight still works great. If you need any help with anything else pm me I'd be glad to help.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back