NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! TRUCK NOT RUNNIN RIGHT

04vipertruck

Reaction score
I HAVE A 04 RC I BAUGHT IT USED WITH 6,000 MILE THE TRUCK RAN GREAT.I DID SOME WORK LAST SUMMER BASSANI HEADERS X-METAL THROTTLE BODY EVER SINCE THEN THE TRUCK RUNS GOOD THEN ITS A PIG.I WAS DRIVIN IT TONIGHT ITS 39 DEGREES OVER HERE IN JERSEY AND IT FELT LIKE FORVER THROUGH THE GEARS WOT FROM ABOUT 4000 RPM CAN SOMBODY HELP ME????????

WELL SOME CODE CAME UP THAT THERE WAS A VACUUM LEAK BUT I BRUNG IT IN AND THEY WAS POST TO FIX IT THE LIGHT NEVER CAME ON THAT WAS ABOUT A MONTH AGO

Try the on off on off on thing with the key, codes should come up...or did you do that already?

moparracing said:
i see you put on a new TB, check your TPS.......

:dito::dito:
Might want to re-set your PCM, and as Dave T stated...pull codes ;)

Probably the muffler bearings.

Any more info? Did the above trouble shooting work? Are all of your hoses connected ?

Does the gas pedal feel real stiff? It it does feel harder to push down your throttle cable came off the groove thingy. If that is the case you will be able to see it right away.

the peddle does not feel stiff.sometime it idles funny back and foward 900-1100 once in a while i think its somthin with the throttle body but i dont know what

i was thinkin maybe im wrong,but maybe from the headers or throttle body i need to tune the truck or th one of he plugs are bad?

I suppose you could have cracked a plug during your header install..check all the wires to make sure they are on all the way..From what you wrote, it sounds simple enough to fix once you track the problem down..If plugs and wires are ok, I would then start looking at Throttle body..Gary did a good job with them and from what I have read, install is pretty straight forward..but you never know..a wire off here, or something shorted out, etc..just a pain to figure out when you wanna go for a ride..lol
Just my opinion..

did you remove the plug wires ? i had them changed by MSD with the ROE install but have seen that some broke !! inside trying to pull them of the plugs....:(

04vipertruck said:
i was thinkin maybe im wrong,but maybe from the headers or throttle body i need to tune the truck or th one of he plugs are bad?

Sounds to my like it is the TPS (throttle positioning sensor). I recently had a problem, like yours. I changed out the TPS, no more problem!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back