need some help / advice !!!

6.1charger

Reaction score
im going to check out a srt10 ram reg cab tomorrow to possibly purchase. its a 2004 with about 12k miles on it. is there any specific things I should check or look for? im not familiar with the v10s. ive always wanted a viper truck, but am starting question myself since its almost 10 years old. i own a srt8 charger currently and love it! should i get it? any advice would be great!

thanks
Thomas

I've owned both..ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373676924.186262.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373676940.769107.jpg

They both have their merits. The car was faster (little work done..), And had attitude. The truck has ATTITUDE.

If you get it hoping it'll respond as well as the car.. That it'll be as cheap as the car to make fast, if it'll be as comfortable as the car, you'll be disappointed. Not by much, but you will.

If you get it knowing its a truck, wanting the 6 speed manual, light back end, amazing grunt.. Most of all wanting something that isn't plastered all over the road..., you'll be very happy!

And I suppose there are a few around here that are actually pretty quick!

Only way to know is to actually test drive it and find out.

I've owned both..View attachment 51835
View attachment 51836

They both have their merits. The car was faster (little work done..), And had attitude. The truck has ATTITUDE.

If you get it hoping it'll respond as well as the car.. That it'll be as cheap as the car to make fast, if it'll be as comfortable as the car, you'll be disappointed. Not by much, but you will.

If you get it knowing its a truck, wanting the 6 speed manual, light back end, amazing grunt.. Most of all wanting something that isn't plastered all over the road..., you'll be very happy!

very well put:rock::rock::rock:

i would vote for it:rock::rock::rock:

bout the only leaks are the engine oil cooler lines, p/s lines/fittins. heard of a few rear crank seals.

great quality replacement lines are available from some of great vendors we have.

ABOVE ALL ELSE: CHECK OR HAVE CHECKED THE DAMPER BOLT!!!

an ARP bolt swap would be good

Last edited:
you'll love it!:rock: best vehicle iv'e owned...mine has 15,000 on it now.only problem was the tps (throttle position sensor), which was a cheap fix.
525 ft. lbs. of torque is fun! definately check the lower pulley bolt, mine was finger tight. use some loctite on it. make sure your clutch lines are tucked up away from exhaust.

Last edited:
Hello Thomas, aka Stewart. Welcome to the BEST forum on the www! I've owned 8's and now the '10. Drive the truck - I bet you are sold on it within a single trip around the block. I would not be scare of the age either. I bought mine with 14k miles on it a couple years ago and owning it has been just as easy as owning my wifes new Suburban.

As others have said, you will need to replace the engine oil cooler lines. This is a $200 fix and takes about 30 minutes. The crank bolt also needs to be checked. Other than that, the truck should be just as trouble free as your Charger.

Last edited:
I've owned both..View attachment 51835
View attachment 51836

I've never liked chargers....Until I saw this one. :rock:

Hey...there you are, thought ya left!!

Still here. Until I sell the parts and truck. And then... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9bWeXCGd6c]The World Reacts To Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving "The View" - YouTube[/ame]

Still here. Until I sell the parts and truck. And then...
tumblr_m5q5hqzvN11r7r6wqo1_500.gif
Oh, you're contemplating leaving? How sad.

thanks guys!

How'd it go?

The SRT8 was on my list of cars to check out before taking the leap with the 10. I test drove one, loved it, always have since they first came out with the SRT8 but it didn't bring me even close to the joy that test driving my truck did.

How'd it go?

The SRT8 was on my list of cars to check out before taking the leap with the 10. I test drove one, loved it, always have since they first came out with the SRT8 but it didn't bring me even close to the joy that test driving my truck did.

Woah woah just one minute..... the op was about a reg cab....srt10 QC vs a srt8 charger that's a totally different question....that like compairing apples to land yachts!!...the charger must have been a 5.7 lol..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back