Need some help with sticking.

On street tires, lower the pressure to about 17#. Launch that the wheels only spin a couple of times then squeeze the petal to the floor. Don't slam it! Don't power shift second make it firm. Powershift 3rd. With your mph you should be low to mid 13's. Practice minimizing the spin . Master the launch with streets then go to drag radials ! Have fun !! Remember, these are heavy , trucks. If you want to go drag racing buy a mustang!! Enjoy the truck for what it is! A beast that slithers!!

Thanks for the Advice. Will try that next time. Just thought I could just stomp the peddle and I would get low 13's the trucks power. I need to practice...alot Haha.

practice, practice, practice, lol:D

what year is your truck? stock gears in the truck for 04 is 4.10, for 05-06 it's 4.56...

you can step up to 4.88's if you have an 05, but if you have 4.10's, you'll have to change out the entire inside of the housing, the 4.10 carrier won't allow for 4.88's, but the 4.56 will... if i remember right, lol

cryo - short for cryogenically frozen hardens the gears, in this case... the spider gears (there are 3) are the weakest link in our rear ends. by cryoing them you make them harder, and less susceptible to breaking (it's not a guarantee, but good insurance) and relatively cheap...

ring and pinion is about $250, the carrier is about $500, and the cryoed spiders are about $250 maybe with an exchange?? plus labor to completely rebuild the diff...

sounds to me like you just need practice, though on your streets... then you can move to DR's which will be a whole new experience... or just buy the DR's and learn on them... they're very different techniques, especially at launch...

i have pacer ridgeline wheels... but these wheels fit over our stock brakes, as well: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...del=Rogue&wheelFinish=Machined+w/Black+Accent

95% of these trucks need the driver mod :D...

Last edited:
practice, practice, practice, lol:D

what year is your truck? stock gears in the truck for 04 is 4.10, for 05-06 it's 4.56...

you can step up to 4.88's if you have an 05, but if you have 4.10's, you'll have to change out the entire inside of the housing, the 4.10 carrier won't allow for 4.88's, but the 4.56 will... if i remember right, lol

cryo - short for cryogenically frozen hardens the gears, in this case... the spider gears (there are 3) are the weakest link in our rear ends. by cryoing them you make them harder, and less susceptible to breaking (it's not a guarantee, but good insurance) and relatively cheap...

ring and pinion is about $250, the carrier is about $500, and the cryoed spiders are about $250 maybe with an exchange?? plus labor to completely rebuild the diff...

sounds to me like you just need practice, though on your streets... then you can move to DR's which will be a whole new experience... or just buy the DR's and learn on them... they're very different techniques, especially at launch...

i have pacer ridgeline wheels... but these wheels fit over our stock brakes, as well: Ultra Rogue Machined w/Black Accent

95% of these trucks need the driver mod :D...

Haha Driver mod.

I have a 04 with the 4.10's. Probably wont be doing the 4.88's, too much of a pain to change the whole thing. But deff the 4.56's and the cryo frozen sounds like a solid decision.

And a lot of practice.

believe it or not, personally, i think the 4.10's are easier to launch... the taller the gear, the quicker it wants to rotate the tires...

oh... and you might need a clutch if you start tracking a lot:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back