Need some help

ViperPowa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was installing my SCT, Belangers long tubes, catless mids, and Borla Exhaust. Was searching on here for more detailed instructions on the installation process and found 94rt10ohio's write-up (great write-up, http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3728&highlight=belanger+long+tube+install).

Got to the part where it says to install the Roe oxygen simulators to replace the downstream sensors and realized "awww f--k, I don't have the simulators!"

Am I still gonna need the simulators to replace the downstream o2 sensors if I'm gonna install the SCT tuner? It says the SCT is supposed to disable the downstream sensors for the cat delete. Thought I had everything I needed ordered in the combo package, now I'm not sure.

Sucks to cause the truck is my daily driver and has been up on on jack stands and ramps since Monday waiting cause the dealership ordered me the wrong exhaust gaskets, had them reorder on Tuesday and the gaskets were supposed to be in on Friday but only one side showed up, hopefully they get the other side in this Monday. Now dunno if I need to order the Roe o2 simulators.

Thanks for all the help guys, this site is trully great. Aloha

Kauka

Oh and heres some pics

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 050.jpg
    Copy of Picture 050.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Copy of Picture 048.jpg
    Copy of Picture 048.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Copy of Picture 043.jpg
    Copy of Picture 043.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Copy of Picture 044.jpg
    Copy of Picture 044.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 77
  • SCT Tuner.JPG
    SCT Tuner.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 50
i have sct from roe. i do not run sims. downstreams turned off with sct. just tuck up under the truck. congrats on all the mods, its gonna feel like a different truck:D

ViperPowa said:
I was installing my SCT, Belangers long tubes, catless mids, and Borla Exhaust. Was searching on here for more detailed instructions on the installation process and found 94rt10ohio's write-up (great write-up, http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3728&highlight=belanger+long+tube+install).

Got to the part where it says to install the Roe oxygen simulators to replace the downstream sensors and realized "awww f--k, I don't have the simulators!"

Am I still gonna need the simulators to replace the downstream o2 sensors if I'm gonna install the SCT tuner? It says the SCT is supposed to disable the downstream sensors for the cat delete. Thought I had everything I needed ordered in the combo package, now I'm not sure.

Sucks to cause the truck is my daily driver and has been up on on jack stands and ramps since Monday waiting cause the dealership ordered me the wrong exhaust gaskets, had them reorder on Tuesday and the gaskets were supposed to be in on Friday but only one side showed up, hopefully they get the other side in this Monday. Now dunno if I need to order the Roe o2 simulators.

Thanks for all the help guys, this site is trully great. Aloha

Kauka

Oh and heres some pics
depends on if your back two o2's were turned off when your sct tunes were done..... :dontknow:

if not, you can make your own mechanical sims very cheaply:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435119&postcount=2

jtsdad13 said:
i have sct from roe. i do not run sims. downstreams turned off with sct. just tuck up under the truck. congrats on all the mods, its gonna feel like a different truck:D
if you mean that's where you stuck your back o2 sensors, that would also stop your cel (according to some here who've tried it - not my choice).......

Last edited:
jtsdad13 said:

Thanks man. That's what I was thinking, that they didn't tell me I needed to get the sims also since the SCT deletes the downstream sensors, but I'm not sure, I'm new to modding this truck. Don't see why I would need the sims but wanted to make sure.

Did you unplug the downstream o2 sensors completely, or just wrap them up and zip tie them out of the way?

moparracing said:
depends on if your back two o2's were turned off when your sct tunes were done..... :dontknow:

if you mean that's where you stuck your back o2 sensors, that would also stop your cel (according to some here who've tried it - not my choice).......[/quote]

That hanging trick does not always work...didnt for me...but the SCT tune can turn them off...talk with whoever sold you the tune (may not be same person who sold you the SCT)..

ViperPowa said:
Thanks man. That's what I was thinking, that they didn't tell me I needed to get the sims also since the SCT deletes the downstream sensors, but I'm not sure, I'm new to modding this truck. Don't see why I would need the sims but wanted to make sure.

Did you unplug the downstream o2 sensors completely, or just wrap them up and zip tie them out of the way?

You can leave em in or tie them up an plug the holes...doesnt matter if they are turned off...the PCM cant read them..

TNVIPER said:
moparracing said:

if you mean that's where you stuck your back o2 sensors, that would also stop your cel (according to some here who've tried it - not my choice).......[/quote]

That hanging trick does not always work...didnt for me...but the SCT tune can turn them off...talk with whoever sold you the tune (may not be same person who sold you the SCT)..

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
don't really know what you're trying to say here...... when i first got my full B&B exhaust (before sct's were available), i made mechanical sims like i described in post #3.... at that time, others were just strapping their o2 sensors to the frame instead -- "not my choice"..... my mechanical sims worked just fine without cel's..... later came sct & tunes from marty (krc performance) & i still have no issues !!!! :rock:

moparracing said:
TNVIPER said:
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
don't really know what you're trying to say here...... when i first got my full B&B exhaust (before sct's were available), i made mechanical sims like i described in post #3.... at that time, others were just strapping their o2 sensors to the frame instead -- "not my choice"..... my mechanical sims worked just fine without cel's..... later came sct & tunes from marty (krc performance) & i still have no issues !!!! :rock:

Simple version...He does not need mech sims or strap the O2 up....just have the SCT tune turn off the down stream O2s....:)

TNVIPER said:
moparracing said:
Simple version...He does not need mech sims or strap the O2 up....just have the SCT tune turn off the down stream O2s....:)
i believe that's what i said "depends on if your back two o2's were turned off when your sct tunes were done..... "
just posted other options if his tune didn't turn off the o2's. :confused:

If the rears are turned off, you can disconnect the o2 from the harnes and just tie the wire up. Less weight dangling around and if you need to go back stock you will have an o2 that has been stored inside instead of in the elements.

Where did you purchase the exhaust and sct as a combo package? Thanks,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back