Need some help.

SRT2SLOW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im really thinking of parting out or selling my truck. Shes been great but i need a complete engine rebuild and i don't have the funds nor gonna put myself in the poor house to do it. Plus there isn't anyone i trust near me to do the bottom end neither. Truck is near flawless on the outside and inside. Engine just started a slight rod knock. It also needs a drivers side head gasket. Still runs and drives strong. Mods include

Bellanger heades and high flow mids
Full 3" custom MagnaFlow exhaust. Sounds great
Bbk throttle body
Screaming demon coils
Jtsvp wires with billet wire separators
Jtsvp udp
Jtsvp ss oil, power steering and brake lines
Custon billet technology srt10 engraved caps
Jmb intake, catch can, hidden coolant jug and radiator cover

6 speed swap with built tranny
Center force clutch
Spec aluminum flywheel
Viper car hydros
Jtsvp gen 2 shifter
Twm shift knob. Very heavy

Belltech front springs and rear flip kit
Custom ridetech adjustable shocks
Freshly done black chrome oem rims
2015 jeep srt center caps
New toyo tires
Rc rear swap bar
Poly bushings
Powerslot rotors f&r
Ebc yellow pads 4000 miles f&r
55watt 6000k hids top and bottom
Custom headlights
Fresh torra red paint
Oem tonneau cover
Custom sub box with amps
No radio or speakers

New parts not installed

Full oem gasket set from top to bottom
Td rockers
Custom 1" valve cover spacers
K1 rods
Gen 2 lifters
Ati balancer

dont know what to ask for everything.

I also wana sell my 06 jeep srt8 built 392 . Im just tried of spending money . Im thinking of switching jobs and money is gonna be tight coming soon. I would love to see this truck finish. Ive always dreamed of keeping it forever and passing it to my kids. Life had other plans. Truck has alot of sentimental value to my family but i need it gone. Tittle in hand. What should i ask for it. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you are serious about parting it out (I think you are crazy for even considering it) I'll take all the 6 speed conversion parts. Plus a bunch more.

G. Thanks guys. Truck is getting traded and possibly

E, just read your post.
There is a lot done to your truck. Lots of things that makes it from a very good SRT10 to an even better, unique SRT10. Selling it now would result in a big loss vs the investments you have done.

If you have a slight rod knock, you can do the full job and get a full rebuild or you may consider just changing the defect parts and and have a running engine without knock.

Guess it would be even cheaper to buy a used engine and replace it with yours. Selling your short block, heads and other parts could partly fund your purchase.

Either way there are other options than to sell it, without spending too much on it right away.

If you still consider to part it out, maybe someone wants to do a full 6-speed conversion and needs your parts but it will take some time to get rid of all the parts and on top lots of time and elbow grease involved to part it out.....

Btw. if the crank is not damaged its not such a hard job to do the rebuild yourself as you dont have to measure the crank in, just replace all other parts....

Arne

E, don't do it. Candace doesn't want you to sell it. I don't want you to sell it. If neither of us wants you to do it, who are you going to cuddle at night after it's gone?

You need a family vehicle. The SRT10 doesn't cost you money to keep, so you might as well keep it.

I'll call you later, don't make any decisions before then.

Good job everyone. Please knock some sense into this impatient friend of mine.

Good job everyone. Please knock some sense into this impatient friend of mine.

If you search threads started by E, you will find at least 5 where he says he is selling the truck. It's not going anywhere.

Good luck with the sale. Change oil and use royal purple before you trade it in. It'll run like new.

If you search threads started by E, you will find at least 5 where he says he is selling the truck. It's not going anywhere.

I'm not sure if those threads will show on in a search? I thought I deleted them?

I use Royal Purple. No knock. He just beats the shit out of that truck when he drives it. You know? Like you are supposed to. ;) :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back