Need your help for a local family

shade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I need your help. A family local to my area is in need for their baby daughter who has an inoperable brain tumor. Basically this baby is going to go for treatment for her condition (in Houston) and her primary pediatrician wont sign off to watch over her after the treatment. This causes the family to have to stay away from their home and family for up to a year.
I just thought this was bullsh!t on the doctors part and found their website. I put in a nice comment for them and hopefully they reconsider their choice. It the least they could do.

Anyways I would like for those of you who read this story and feel similar to please fill out the form for this doctor with remarks on how you feel.
I don't know this family but I just thought they were getting shafted and dont like to see people bent, especially when it comes to kids.

The story is here http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0529gr-baby0530-ON.html

The doctors 'contact us' form is here http://www.desertshorespediatrics.com/contact.html

Thanks

Just saw this tread, due to all the useless monotony on here lately.... (Thanks for the link, Pop :eek: )

I will fill out the form and do what I can.... God bless her. :)

Silverback said:
Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the form?:confused: :dontknow:

Fill it out say your disappointed with the doctors decision to not help the family out.

Its not my family just someone local to me.
Thanks.

Will do. I hope it all works out for them.

Shade- From the article, it looks as though the doctor at the Houston clinic has a slightly sketchy past. I don't think he'll screw over this family, but it does raise a tiny red flag in my book.

I REALLY want to send a scorching message to the doctors in Phoenix about what pathetic slackers they are, spineless creatures that would rather make a tee time than approve a patients out-of-state treatment- that could potentially make them heroes, fearful of their malpractice insurance rates going up.....(breathe, Kev....breathe....)

Is this the only clinic in the country that can treat Briannah's tumor?

shade said:
All,

I need your help. A family local to my area is in need for their baby daughter who has an inoperable brain tumor. Basically this baby is going to go for treatment for her condition (in Houston) and her primary pediatrician wont sign off to watch over her after the treatment. This causes the family to have to stay away from their home and family for up to a year.
I just thought this was bullsh!t on the doctors part and found their website. I put in a nice comment for them and hopefully they reconsider their choice. It the least they could do.

Anyways I would like for those of you who read this story and feel similar to please fill out the form for this doctor with remarks on how you feel.
I don't know this family but I just thought they were getting shafted and dont like to see people bent, especially when it comes to kids.

The story is here http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0529gr-baby0530-ON.html

The doctors 'contact us' form is here http://www.desertshorespediatrics.com/contact.html

Thanks
Not knowing all of the intricacies of this type of treatment, the doctors involved, or the administrative issues, I respectfully asked for someone in a supervisory capacity to review this case, as this family does not need to suffer further, due to some "bureaucratic oversight". Thanks shade for bringing this to our attention. I hope this helps in some small way. Prayers may do even more.

Oooo...that's a good one Joe.
I may send that instead of the rip-fest I have drafted. :)

Kevan said:
Oooo...that's a good one Joe.
I may send that instead of the rip-fest I have drafted. :)
It's sometimes a good strategy to allow a "clean way out" for everyone. Being poised and respectful may also yield better results. Just a guess. :dontknow: PS will I see you at the Nats Kevan?

Kevan said:
Shade- From the article, it looks as though the doctor at the Houston clinic has a slightly sketchy past. I don't think he'll screw over this family, but it does raise a tiny red flag in my book.

I REALLY want to send a scorching message to the doctors in Phoenix about what pathetic slackers they are, spineless creatures that would rather make a tee time than approve a patients out-of-state treatment- that could potentially make them heroes, fearful of their malpractice insurance rates going up.....(breathe, Kev....breathe....)

Is this the only clinic in the country that can treat Briannah's tumor?

I saw this, I didnt read up on the doctor that is providing the treatment nor his past, but its the families best hope. The doctors turning down the family are turning down the after care (recovery) here in AZ so the family has to stay in Houston (costing them tons of $) for after care.

I dont care what people write wether its scorching or benign but to get a point across to the doctor(s) that maybe they should think twice about the patients. Thats all.

Thanks again to all who spent time on this.

shade said:
I saw this, I didnt read up on the doctor that is providing the treatment nor his past, but its the families best hope. The doctors turning down the family are turning down the after care (recovery) here in AZ so the family has to stay in Houston (costing them tons of $) for after care.

I dont care what people write wether its scorching or benign but to get a point across to the doctor(s) that maybe they should think twice about the patients. Thats all.

Thanks again to all who spent time on this.
Shade, you got a good heart!

Shade, since this is your thread, I'm sure many of us would be interested in how this story continues to unfold. Could you update us once in a while? Thanks in advance.:) PS I am hypnotized by your sig!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back