New 10, First problem

err76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my 10 on Friday and am so proud of that truck. Have only driven it once due to having surgery last Tuesday and I have a problem, It happened to me twice today, I drive somewhere and get out , do my business. When I get into it and try and start it it wont crank period. It is an automatic and for some reason it says it is in reverse even though the shifter is in park. Is it the linkage out of adjustment or is there a switch there that it isnt making contact with?

Thanks
Eric

Pics to come

err76 said:
Well I got my 10 on Friday and am so proud of that truck. Have only driven it once due to having surgery last Tuesday and I have a problem, It happened to me twice today, I drive somewhere and get out , do my business. When I get into it and try and start it it wont crank period. It is an automatic and for some reason it says it is in reverse even though the shifter is in park. Is it the linkage out of adjustment or is there a switch there that it isnt making contact with?

Thanks
Eric

Pics to come

Do the automatics start in neutral? If so, I'd try that. Then once its running, put it into park. If it doesn't go into reverse, then I'd imagine it's a sensor.

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing, I just shifted it up and down til the little circle went to P or N...... it was a small hassle that I felt I could deal with and not take it to the stealership to have fixed

Fahrenheit said:
Mine did the same thing, I just shifted it up and down til the little circle went to P or N...... it was a small hassle that I felt I could deal with and not take it to the stealership to have fixed

I have 30 days to take it to the dealership under warranty so It will be going there, I was just wondering if there were any tricks to start it if I have this happen.

Mine does the same exact thing and it starts in nuetral all the time. Your linkage needs adjusting. I adjust mine but it seems to start doing it after awhile again.

Mine does the same thing honestly i just rock back and forth in the truck and it goes into park because when that happens i cant take the key out . Now when it does i do that it goes back in park ..Hope that helps . Simple solution lol

REPOMAN1 said:
Mine does the same thing honestly i just rock back and forth in the truck and it goes into park because when that happens i cant take the key out . Now when it does i do that it goes back in park ..Hope that helps . Simple solution lol

Same here, but it comes and goes. When it comes I do what he said, been doing that for a year now, LOL.

Great, Just tested and it starts in neutral. Will take to the dealership and let them fix it for free but untill then at least I wont get stranded.

Thanks guys =-)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back