New 5.0 for the wife.

mr. anderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wife was getting tired of the automatic G8 and wanted a stick shift again. we both liked the new stangs so we bought one. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. here's a pic of it at the dealership and one with the windows just tinted, got it with the M6, 3.73's, Brembo brakes, and 19" rims, leather, and HID's

2yyt6y9.jpg

10yfnte.jpg

:rock: :rock: :rock:

sweet pony car:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

is the new 5.0 a 302 like its daddy?????

ZCx, hell ya it is, except on steroids, Twin independent variable cam timing, comes with shorty stainless headers that are well thought out, forged crank, 4 bolt mains with cross bolt support, heads that outflow some race engines. ford has alot to brag about this engine and rightfully so. 412 HP and 390 Lb ft of torque. although alot of guys are dynoing 370- 390 to the rear wheels on bone stock cars.

mr. anderson said:
ZCx, hell ya it is, except on steroids, Twin independent variable cam timing, comes with shorty stainless headers that are well thought out, forged crank, 4 bolt mains with cross bolt support, heads that outflow some race engines. ford has alot to brag about this engine and rightfully so. 412 HP and 390 Lb ft of torque. although alot of guys are dynoing 370- 390 to the rear wheels on bone stock cars.

very nice.:rock: :rock: :rock:

as long as she has some equally good pistons & rods, sounds like its ready for some FI setup:burnout:

not so tiny trunk opening. it works fine for groceries. also the rear seat folds down.

mr. anderson said:
not so tiny trunk opening. it works fine for groceries. also the rear seat folds down.

Forgive me. I should say that it's too small for my Wilson Staff bag.... :itsme:

The last thing I'd wanna do is disparage anyone's new pony.... I loved my Fox body Mustang....

D

mr. anderson said:
pistons are hypereutectic(spelling?) and the rods are forged powdered rods. but one of the better technologies they included were oil squirters on the underside of the pistons. big improvement in cooling the stock components
here's link to a good article on the 5.0 mag on it:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1003_2011_ford_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/index.html

very impressive engine.:rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

by their write up, no forced induction without a rod update

how big is a wilson staff bag, probably the same size truck as the old fox body. though, 13 cubic feet. no worries, not offended. if we need to get big stuff that's what the 10 is for :D

ZCx, as for the rod update. I think it'll be like the 10 but not as bad. the pistons have stonger ring lands, as if the ford engineers had taken note or noticed issues with the dodge problem with these pistons, with the cooling being pushed to the bottom of the piston, it'll open up alot of possibilities and ultimately the tune will be key. noticed it did say the stock tune references temps for the tune. wonder if they reference oil temp and back off timing and fuel if they get to high. interesting concept if it is though.

They really went whole-hog on the new 5.0. It's putting out some VERY impressive numbers with just tune/cai/cat-back.... I've heard Jake LaMotta's personal car dynoed at 460ish RWHP with a tune. They are really going to make some nice power. :rock:

mr. anderson said:
ZCx, as for the rod update. I think it'll be like the 10 but not as bad. the pistons have stonger ring lands, as if the ford engineers had taken note or noticed issues with the dodge problem with these pistons, with the cooling being pushed to the bottom of the piston, it'll open up alot of possibilities and ultimately the tune will be key. noticed it did say the stock tune references temps for the tune. wonder if they reference oil temp and back off timing and fuel if they get to high. interesting concept if it is though.

i agree with ya:D

ok, next question, when ya'll goin to line up the Truck & the stang & see how it does????:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

mr. anderson said:
with the blower on the truck, I think it'll still win.

The 5.0 does a 12.8 1/4mile STOCK.... With a tune, CAI, and cat-back I would bet they will be pulling almost a full second faster than that.

....... I would hope $4000-$8000 worth of mods in a the pickup truck would beat a lowly little Mustang. ;) ;) ;) ;) :toilet:

I bet Torrie will be working with SCT on this....while he is the top Viper tuner his roots are with Ford.....he developed a tune for the 2010 Taurus SHO turbo V-6 that hit right at 13 seconds tune only...no other mods.......Ford did indeed do their homework with the 5.0....blows away the SS Camaro and SRT Chally....got to give credit where credit is due...;)

I love the new 5.0, Ford has made the engine to beat!!!

mr. anderson said:
pistons are hypereutectic(spelling?) and the rods are forged powdered rods. but one of the better technologies they included were oil squirters on the underside of the pistons. big improvement in cooling the stock components
here's link to a good article on the 5.0 mag on it:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1003_2011_ford_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/index.html

Nice Mustang. I would like to have a GT-500 but... BTW, the engine description sounds like a 6.1L Chrysler setup from the SRT-8's, not sure about the rods though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back