New 5.0 Mustang

Tooloe said:
looks like i'm going to have to make sure i can keep my Plate.... hmm what more go fast parts can i buy?.....ahhh new tune.. that should be the trick

Turbo

:D :burnout:

noid said:
Horse power is up by 105. Not the 60-0 braking. If that were the case it would out brake the Enzo and the Ford Gt

why dont you just watch the video instead of speculating? owned twice

noid said:
I looked and could not find anything. The internet is not my friend today.:p

But seriously I still have doubts. That is some serious braking for a car that has been known to have sub par brakes. And then to release it with brakes that match super car specs.

Brembo brakes are an option for them;) The thing is only 3600lbs

I'm not sticking up for Mustangs at all... I hate the fuggars, but facts are facts.

noid said:
Wow. Now try and stop this thing. If the GT500 does 60-0 in 130 feet with Brembo's my guess is that the standard GT will be worse.

So no thanks.

2. Horse power is up by 105. Not the 60-0 braking. If that were the case it would out brake the Enzo and the Ford Gt

maybe you should learn to count...and do a bit of fact checking before you go spewing off at the mouth

I don't want to. I don't like furds

And it's still one owned. The 2010 GT500 is 130 feet.

And I quite this thread. I know when I have been beat. I blame it on no sleep due to a new baby in the house.

Last edited:
no, its still twice. but that's OK...you have a great excuse...i have a new nephew and a new niece...and I've babysat for 4 hours...i cant imagine 24/7...

358ciHD said:
That new 32V 5.0 Litre engine is awesome........Just imagine when you toss a Kenne Bell Superchager on top or a Turbo...

Wait until Roush gets ahould of it.....they say it will be the New Shelby Killer for the GT500!

Shelby already has a GT500 killer, Shelby is making a supercharged 2011 GT350 based off the 5.0 motor

Wow is all I can say!!! Ford has done their home work. Time for everybody else to catch up.

Has anyone seen the commercial? Funny as hell, as the 300hp Mustang is running around streets with a V8 exhaust tune in the background? I forget the name they put to it, Terminator, Enforcer, something funny like that, as this "V6" Stang creeps by rumbling like a V-8. <Maybe Ford did finally do it!!! They invented a muffler/exhaust/intake system for a V6 that replicates a V8 note............................LOL:dontknow:

I just got back from the Ford dealership, OMG! very nice car. The salesmen were all over the truck, I told them they could have it for $30K......... they backed off. You can tell Ford did their homework, the 6 speed shifts are short, it has a nice set of headers in it, and the air intake says "cold air induction".........need to check that out more. The engine sounds very nice from the stock set up....deep and throaty. This one had the 3.73 gears but not the Brembo brakes and powdercoated wheels. Sticker was $36K and you know they aint coming off that price too much in the beginning.

VENOMOUS1 said:
Has anyone seen the commercial? Funny as hell, as the 300hp Mustang is running around streets with a V8 exhaust tune in the background? I forget the name they put to it, Terminator, Enforcer, something funny like that, as this "V6" Stang creeps by rumbling like a V-8. <Maybe Ford did finally do it!!! They invented a muffler/exhaust/intake system for a V6 that replicates a V8 note............................LOL:dontknow:

The V-6's come dueled out.............its a wolf in sheeps clothing for sure........someone will take the V6 put a turbo on it, maybe even rob the twin turbo out of an SHO, and whip some ass.

Damn that means I have to look out for the new stangs on the street then.....Why must our trucks have to be so damn expensive to mod:mad:

I just watched motor trend magazine's test on the 2011 5.0 mustang. They had it ( in stock trim ) 13.0 in the 1/4 and 60-0 @ 118 feet and that's with the optional brembo's. These seem more like realistic #'s for a bone stock set up. Still better than the 130 feet that the 2010 Gt500 did.

noid said:
I just watched motor trend magazine's test on the 2011 5.0 mustang. They had it ( in stock trim ) 13.0 in the 1/4 and 60-0 @ 118 feet and that's with the optional brembo's. These seem more like realistic #'s for a bone stock set up. Still better than the 130 feet that the 2010 Gt500 did.

You mean this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydykiWKW6fE

12.8 @ 110...60-0 IN 105....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back