New best!

Yetti808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I'm just not a drag racer. My best was 13.0 and I know my truck is capable 12.7 I just don't have the skills I guess lol. No tail gate,spare or passenger seat. With dr's

Practice... Practice... Practice...

4:56 gears will get you there....remember our 04's (with the 4:10s) were meant to take the record away from the lightning.

13.0 is good, but keep working on the driver mod and you'll get to 12.7.

I hear'ya
The m&h dr's are around a inch shorter so it help a little. I was getting into 4th just a little quicker.
My 60ft was 1.93

You should 60 about a 1.7 or 1.8! That alone will get your 12.7:D
Playing with tire pressure, length of burnout, and launch RPM is key to a great overall E.T.! Practice and the perfect combination of the above is key to your times. What was your DA? That affects your E.T.s as well.:burnout:
Regardless a 13.0 isn't terrible by far.

My 60 is what tells me I should be 12.7.
What is DA??

Density altitude. Another member here, Caveman, set me up with this link that you can see what your corrected et and mph would be based on density altitude.

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com

I never understood "corrected" times. You ran what you ran and no calculator can say otherwise. I know the "but it take weather condition out of the equation" answers are coming soon. Well we arent running in the perfect vacuum of space. A calculator cant take into account track conditions or vehicle conditions either. :dontknow:

Its just a placebo to make you think you are faster than you really are.

I never understood "corrected" times. You ran what you ran and no calculator can say otherwise. I know the "but it take weather condition out of the equation" answers are coming soon. Well we arent running in the perfect vacuum of space. A calculator cant take into account track conditions or vehicle conditions either. :dontknow:

I agree that the time you ran is the time you ran. Nothing changes that but it is nice to know what potential the vehicle has with the current set up.

A vehicle only has the potential that your wallet can provide.

Im gonna steal that and put it on my sig on a local forum. Some dodge hemi guys really think they can be faster than me with a 5.7 and are cheap as ****.

ONE BADASS HEMI

The problem is my ET and your ET are not at all comparable because of DA. I agree that you run what you run, period. But I can tell you that 5.0's with a driver mod run mid 14's, at my local track. Most new SS Camaros run 15's. So if jump on here and post about a 14.0 or 13.9, without correcting for, or at least referencing DA, readers will have no idea if that is good or bad.

I can't say I have a 12 second truck until I have the slip. But I beat up on plenty of "12 second cars" running at high DA.

You will find that there are a great deal of people that never get to the DA stat. They see the 1/4 time stat and at that point, their brain has already delveloped a response

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back