new brake pads are nice!

xtreme2424

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my new centric brake pads today. and they feel great took it out for a 20 mile drive so far no ups sound squeal.LOL and after doing some break seating 0 to 60 to 0 runs about 7 times to seat the pads no dust on the wheels.

I will keep up on the dust test. I just could not handle washing the wheels every other day anymore.

I got the pads from http://www.zeckhausen.com/

nice guys and fast shipping :dancing:

Just put on my new centric pads from zeckhausen as well. 3 days and no dust. They are a winner in my book. Pedal feel is a little different, not as much initial bite, but still awesome brake action.

Definitely would recommend these pads. :rock:

Hey, if Kevan's truck is on the site... that's good enough for me!!!! :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

Did you guys get a better deal than what is listed on the site????

Black1 said:
Did you guys get a better deal than what is listed on the site????

Didn't even ask. I was so fed up with the dust and squeal I probably would have paid twice the price. :(

Oh yeah...one more thing. They fit right in, no modifications required. That was a huge plus for me. I'm no mechanic and if you can't fix it with a multitool and a swiss army knife then it is above my skill level. :D

xtreme2424 said:
I installed my new centric brake pads today. and they feel great took it out for a 20 mile drive so far no ups sound squeal.LOL and after doing some break seating 0 to 60 to 0 runs about 7 times to seat the pads no dust on the wheels.

I will keep up on the dust test. I just could not handle washing the wheels every other day anymore.

I'VE HAD MY SET ON FOR ABOUT 6OOO MILES AND NO DUST OR SQUEAL. BEST I'VE FOUND SO FAR.

I changed my pads to PF pads on fathers day and let me tell you it was the best thing I ever did to the truck. I haven't seen any dust, nor any hint of squeal since.

xtreme2424 said:

love mine ever since i installed them..........:rock:

I have these same pads on my wife's scion, no squeal or dust, but they don't seem to grab as much. maybe I F'd something up installing them? I bled the heck out of them...

SRT-11 said:
I have these same pads on my wife's scion, no squeal or dust, but they don't seem to grab as much. maybe I F'd something up installing them? I bled the heck out of them...
did you follow dave's brake bedding procedure ?

Awesome! :rock: I currently have the performance friction pads on mine. There are no dust at all!! I couldn't hear if there is any squealing noise, my girl told me that she didnt hear anything. So, this is good for now. When my performance fricition pads wears out then I will get the centric brake pads.

moparracing said:
did you follow dave's brake bedding procedure ?

linky? (no i didn't... does it apply to all pads on discs?)

i need to upgrade also! whats the price on centric? i opened the link and looks like i need to call to get a price, and whats famous daves secret bleeding tip?

$70 for fronts and $40 for backs, when I ordered. May have changed in the past few weeks.

wo1sjb said:
$70 for fronts and $40 for backs, when I ordered. May have changed in the past few weeks.
thanks!!!:rock: one last question, did you change the rotors/turn them or just change the brakes? thanks again! and no more questions!

Just changed the pads, then did the bed in as per the instructions on zeckhausen's website.

Plus, my Dad actually did it and he said the rotors were fine...I don't know what turning the rotors means. :dontknow:

Don't worry about the questions, if I didn't have my dad helping me I probably would have killed myself with the jack.

wo1sjb said:
Just changed the pads, then did the bed in as per the instructions on zeckhausen's website.

Plus, my Dad actually did it and he said the rotors were fine...I don't know what turning the rotors means. :dontknow:

Don't worry about the questions, if I didn't have my dad helping me I probably would have killed myself with the jack.
ive done brakes befor on cars and truck and jeeps, im just a little scared on this truck:eek: turning is when you have a shop mill down your rotor so its a clean machined surface, i dont think it is as popular as it used to be! might be a design thing. there are tolerances when turning, "cause you make the rotor thinner" and shops will only turn so much, or it needs replaced. thanks for the info!! i will be making an order on pay day:star: man i hate the squel and THE DUST!

devildog02 said:
thanks!!!:rock: one last question, did you change the rotors/turn them or just change the brakes? thanks again! and no more questions!

I talked to Dave and he did not recommend turning the rotors, just follow the bedding process on the web site.

These pads are awesome:rock: I've had them for over a month and no more squeel and minimal dust:D

Highly recommend!:burnout:

Back