New brakes and rear rotors..Done

hawk02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started this 4 days ago and finished up today, most time consuming part was cleaning the calipers and brackets and repainting them....used EBC GreenStuff 6000 pads front and rear, resurfaced the front rotors(were not too old, just noisy) and new Raybestos Avdanced rotors in the rear, Duplicolor red caliper kit and spray...... No road test yet, too tired tonight and the truck and wheels need a good wash, I did clean up the backs of the wheels good though...

P1010013.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010011.JPG

Yeah, great job. Those look awesome. Make sure you drive the truck soon. The heat from using the brakes is actually what gives the paint a long-lasting cure.

All set and bedded, nice so far........

Looks good, I'll be doing the same thing here shortly. Like the paint on the calipers!

Looks great Chris!

All set and bedded, nice so far........

How are the EBC pads compared to stock pads with the initial bite. I am using the same rotors you got for the rear all around but have the Centric Posiquiet pads. They stop, but do not have that toss you through the windshield effect the stock ones did.

Don't have all of the dust though. Just wondering how the EBC pads were, with dust and the initial bite.

Those look great! Can you give us any tips on how you got them clean? I have used break cleaner but, it was not enough. :dontknow:

Straight Simple Green, a scrub brush then sand paper and brake cleaner....... Pain in the butt for sure............

780249, got them on Amazon for $63 each with free shipping.......

good job mate I did the same but put the white Viper decals on them and clear coated.

thewelshm

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back