New brand of tires for our trucks

I am going with BFGs next round but the Firestones may be a good all round tire for DD (my truck wont come out when it rains)........I do not like the looks of the tread design...looks like 2 different tire treads were mated...:thumpdown:

pirellis now... bfg next... stay away from firestone.... you may regret it in the end...

I like the looks of the tire but, FIRESTONE, just could not do it to myself.

I have seen too many Fireaparts come apart with catastrophic consequences.

FSTJACK said:
I like the looks of the tire but, FIRESTONE, just could not do it to myself.

I have seen too many Fireaparts come apart with catastrophic consequences.

Thats what I was thinnking!! Ford had their fair share of lawsuits over them!! RUN !!!!!,,,:D

After the Ford rollover fiasco, which also showed those fords rolled over no matter what tires were on it, they've stepped their game up. I've owned their AT and I now have the MT series on my truck. I wont buy another brand of tire for my truck. I originally had the BFGs A/ts (their street tires may be better?) but I got rid of that junk as soon as I could. I had nothing but problems with those tires. It's possible Firestone street tires are garbage, but I take my truck off the pavement quite a bit and they out perform any tire I've ever seen in the price range. Only thing better is maybe the Toyo MTs, but they cost 50% more. This is also a whole different breed of tires than the majority of you use and like I said, it's possible their street tires do suck. However, if they passed the quality of their rough terrain tires to their street lineup, I'd say give them a shot.

Firestone is just a brand name. Bridgestone has owned the name since before the calamity. My guess is they decided to resurrect the name for a new product.

I had Firestone Destination LE's on my old truck, 30,000 miles before I sold it and nary a problem. The whole SUV-rollover thing was a long time ago now.

Just got a good deal on some Cooper Zeon XTS-A they ride really good and have a pretty cool lookin tread design. they're 420 A A with a V speed rating. not the BFG's i wanted but for $600 mounted and balanced what the hell!:burnout:

firestones have a bad name going back many decades. Not sure if the reputation is deserved now, but I love my General Grabber UHP's.
Great all around tire, awesome looking and CHEAP!
I have the bfg g-forces on my cuda and they are a good tire, but they're $110 more per tire than the UHP's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back