New caliper making noise

Leveil22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New caliper making noise

Had driver front caliper replaced under warranty last week tech told grinding noise from caliper until it settles in but my pads are not new they were just done when I got the truck. Now after a few days it getting worse especially if I make a left turn at low speeds and while I'm cruising it sending vibration through the steering wheel is this normal?

Not normal. Even unseated used pads wont grind, and they will get smoother with use. I would take it back. sounds like improper install more than another bad caliper. No reason you should have questions about the repair, and feel the need to ask if your worries are justified. You know its not right, take it back up there and demand they fix it. If the same guy says nothings wrong, ask for another tech. Find out if the dealer has a sister dealer and take it there and have the service manager work out the payment with the other shop.

Furthermore, if a defective caliper was replaced I'm sure you have uneven brake wear as a result. I would insist they replace them as part of the warranty.

New caliper making noise

Had driver front caliper replaced under warranty last week tech told grinding noise from caliper until it settles in but my pads are not new they were just done when I got the truck. Now after a few days it getting worse especially if I make a left turn at low speeds and while I'm cruising it sending vibration through the steering wheel is this normal?

Wheel Bearings! Ask me how I know:D

if ya can wait a day or two, rockauto with the discount code at check can save ya some coin.

the code is in their vendor section

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back