New Challenger Dillema

I had the challenger bug too!. Until what they were going to give me on the trade in for the 10. I said if my truck lost more then half its value in 2 years. I'll wait 2 years for a challenger and pick one up for $14000. My truck has 18000 miles and in excellent condition. I wanted a planejane low option R/T challenger. Compared to the 10 that has every option and 500HP I'll keep the 10.

srt-cummins said:
Here is my dillema. I love my truck and didnt think that i would ever consider selling it but i have been bitten by a major bug. I really like the new Challenger. I mean a-lot. Im torn between selling my truck and buying a new R/T Challenger(being that i cant afford a new SRT-8) or just keeping my truck. What to do What to do? This is my dilemma what do yall think?:dontknow:

I've been bitten by the bug a couple of times, but if I sit back and just think about how cool my truck is compared to anything out there, I can get over it quick. Keep the truck, put any money you have torwards upgrading it, have you done the PCM? It'll bring your truck to life! Even better, throw a SC and some racing stripes on that baby!!!

AZBLACKMONSOON said:
I had the challenger bug too!. Until what they were going to give me on the trade in for the 10. I said if my truck lost more then half its value in 2 years. I'll wait 2 years for a challenger and pick one up for $14000. My truck has 18000 miles and in excellent condition. I wanted a planejane low option R/T challenger. Compared to the 10 that has every option and 500HP I'll keep the 10.

Exactly, in 3 years the Challenger will be just like the Mustang....one on every corner.

I say go with what the others said, keep the truck, wait a little while even though it hurts, and get a SRT-8 Challenger when prices drop. Don't even bother with the R/T. If the Challenger SRT-10 does come out, you will wish you didn't get the R/T or SRT8. I'm waiting for the 10.:rock:

ViperPowa said:
I say go with what the others said, keep the truck, wait a little while even though it hurts, and get a SRT-8 Challenger when prices drop. Don't even bother with the R/T. If the Challenger SRT-10 does come out, you will wish you didn't get the R/T or SRT8. I'm waiting for the 10.:rock:
i like your thinkin'........ :D

Ok this is from someone that owns a SRT10 Truck and a SRT8, albeit a 300C SRT8. I have yet to have someone drive up beside me and go “Ape SH!T” over my 300C SRT8 whereas I can’t count the times drivers have driven up beside my truck and given me the “Thumbs Up”.

Yes the SRT8 does have a smoother ride, better handling and better gas mileage. It is simply comparing Apples and Oranges. Both have their strong and weak points.

Yes I know 300Cs and SRT8s are almost a dime a dozen and the Challengers will be the same in a few years. My opinion is to stay with the truck.

Bottom Line: It is your money and your ride, Do what YOU feel is best for you. WE DON’T MAKE THE PAYMENTS FOR YOU!

BTW: It cost me about $1550 a month to own both, plus Insurance.

Damn work. Keeps me from here and my own thread has tripled in size. :D Thanks for all the input but i still dont know.:dontknow: I havent dont any thing to the truck except the exhaust and cold air intake but have been considering an SCT. The reason im in such a debate in a sort of now or never mode is that if i dont do it now i cant do it for quite a while. Im getting maried in May:love: and she goes into her last two years of school for dental hygiene in august. If i dont act now i dont get one for atleast probably 3 years. I dunno, maybe i should just keep the truck and finish my old school challenger.:dontknow:

srt-cummins said:
Damn work. Keeps me from here and my own thread has tripled in size. :D Thanks for all the input but i still dont know.:dontknow: I havent dont any thing to the truck except the exhaust and cold air intake but have been considering an SCT. The reason im in such a debate in a sort of now or never mode is that if i dont do it now i cant do it for quite a while. Im getting maried in May:love: and she goes into her last two years of school for dental hygiene in august. If i dont act now i dont get one for atleast probably 3 years. I dunno, maybe i should just keep the truck and finish my old school challenger.:dontknow:

You have a 70 Chally with a 440?.....keep the truck and enjoy restoring the Chally....the new Challys will be around for yrs to come..

I think you should keep the truck, like said before, the Challengers will be everywhere in a few years just like the Mustangs are. These trucks are sooo rare, I have owned mine close to a year now and have seen 1 other red 04 in that amount of time. I love the fact that people have no idea what it is other than a sweet ass looking truck, and then they see it, Viper powered plastered across the hood scoop, :eek: Then the questions start....dude does that, is that, holy shit that thing is bad ass:rock: I love it..Not knocking the Chally, they are a sweet looking ride but if you want to stand out from the crowd, keep the beast brother..

Stinker said:
sell the truck for whatever you can get for it an get a srt 8 challenger,

I am so sorry but guys my challenger beats the hell out the truck any day:eek:

dont get me wrong, I love the truck , but damn! the challlenger is twice as comfortable, gets twice the mileage, and is quicker outta the box, an handles tons better.

plus the chicks dig it:D

but....isnt urs a brutal 8?:p :p

That Challenger SRT has been haunting me too!:D

You have a great truck AND a great Challenger already.

Keep the truck and.......fix the CLASSIC CHALLENGER!:rock:

like alot of folks have been saying wait a few years and you can pick one up for half the sticker price and it has less than 15k on it just like you can now buy a srt10 wiyh 15k - 30k for between $20k and $25k half the price of the sticker price.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back