New Clutch Help

TerryK67

Reaction score
Ok…Im finally getting my crap together and will be replacing my stock clutch…and I have been searching all the threads and my head is spinning…so Im reaching out for some recommendations based on your personal experience.

1. Im looking at Spec clutches…not sure if I need the 1 or 2. I drive only on the street, but hard sometimes, and never on the track. My motor is stock except CAI and I’ll be upgrading the exhaust with headers by next summer.

2. What else should I replace at the same time? I hate doing something twice and I don’t mind doing some preventative work while I have it apart up on a lift.

So there it is…and thanks for the help with this!!

I like spec clutches and if you aren't going to do any racing a stage 1 should be enough. Also do the clutch hydraulics upgrade while you are in there, see jtsvp.com for the kit, and it depends on your budget if you want to upgrade to a Fidanza aluminum flywheel. That combination is a killer clutch set up and you should love it.

I swear by Centerforce myself! I have at least 70 passes at the track, many races in Mexico, and a daily driver, that has 30k miles on this clutch and I bought it half used!!!!!!! Beat that :chain:

spec 3+ here. No way id ever get a single disc. Spend double and get a nice dual disc. IMO an easy clutch pedal will pay for itself every time you drive it.

Unless you're going to install the clutch yourself, I'd go beefier on the clutch the first time around, that way you know you're good if you decide to add more power later.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back