New cover for Volant

BADBLACKSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to another member on EM about these intakes. He suggested to me that he was thinking about putting clear plexi on his. I cant remember who it was cause I would like to give him due credit. I decided to put it on mine with a RAM decal that I had laying around. I think it turned out good and didnt cost a buttload of money!!!

Attachments

• 2012-06-30_18-38-12_66.jpg
    2012-06-30_18-38-12_66.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 278
Loocks Good

I think you were talking to me about it, I got mine on, but im not to happy with the size i cut out, glad I bought a whole sheet of plexi glass! I even used some of that flex seal stuff for a water gasket, it was kinda hard to get the flex seal staright after paint and where i taped it off, and I'm waiting on a viper sticker to come in. Yours came out looking great!!

I used the volant cover as my templet, but I didn't notice that the volant cover didnt actually cover the whole box, I think I might just cut a new peice and see how it looks.

How do you guys like that Volant System?

Coming from stock, it's a much better, I can feel a difference, it's not a night and day difference, but it's difently better than the stock intake, I like how the volant has the scoop that connects to the hood, and how it has a open hole for cold air at the bottom of the filter box, I just had to remove the plastic shield peice on my grill to let more flow in. And you can also clean the volant filter with the K&N filter recharge kit you can buy at any automotive parts store.

Cool looking in to something more then stock air box.

I liked the idea of being able to see staright into the box and seeing that big ole filter, plus being able to see if the filter beeds to be cleaned, with out taking the top off, rather than seeing a big black ugly box! I was also toying with the idea of a few red LEDs inside the box, but I really dont want to go over board with LEDs, I'm not really into the ricer, "huge wing, leds/underglow everywhere" look at me thing, but the 505 would look good under a few well placed LEDs! ESP at night, when someone want's you to pop the hood, to see the viper motor! With all the led wiring ran to the underwood light, so their only on while the hood is open. I think that's my next project!

I think you were talking to me about it, I got mine on, but im not to happy with the size i cut out, glad I bought a whole sheet of plexi glass! I even used some of that flex seal stuff for a water gasket, it was kinda hard to get the flex seal staright after paint and where i taped it off, and I'm waiting on a viper sticker to come in. Yours came out looking great!!

You are right. It was you and I that were talking about it. Sorry man. I deleted my mail files and couldnt remember. Thanks for the idea. Its all you!!!

I traced my cover as well and made the plexi the same size. I am going to redo it. The Volant lid does not cover the whole top of the unit. I want it to look more uniform and cover it completely. It works for now tho.

I traced my cover as well and made the plexi the same size. I am going to redo it. The Volant lid does not cover the whole top of the unit. I want it to look more uniform and cover it completely. It works for now tho.

I think it looks good! Kinda sucks though, after you got the ram sticker on! Trail and error right! I made a new one today it should be dry from paint tonight, I'll take before and after pics of the old one I made and the new one!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back