New From New London CT

BigRed10

Reaction score
Best recommendations for SRT 10 upkeep be highly appreciated. Just bought her about a year ago. I need to make sure she's all there. I figure taking her to a Dealer would be best but that is costly.

Piks and info? Dealer prob the worst place to bring it I have never had a good experience with dealer and my 10 they all full of shit, this is the best place to find out bout ur truck

Welcome from RI, and let us know all the details so WE can help instead of the dealer....

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Do you have an 05 or 06? Our engines are 505ci not 506, and your biggest problem will probably be your auto transmission. Oh, and welcome!

Welcome Bud ........ I live in Storrs Ct. area about 1/2 hour from you.

We have a GTG every year hope you can make it.

Oh by the way we thrive on pics of Ram SRT-10's so if ya got em post em up and we'll share a few of ours with ya Buddy.

Jim

It's an 05 Quad Cab. She runs beautifully and sounds great. The only thing that bothers me is the little clicking sound it makes when it runs. I've listened for awhile and it sounds like its the belt or has something to do with the belt. It also has a winding sound when she's started cold. Figure that's just because its cold. I take it the GTG is in the summer. Let me know where and when and I'll see if I can make it.
Thank you all for the help and welcome.

Attachments

• 2012-10-30 11.51.20.jpg
    2012-10-30 11.51.20.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 81
  • 2012-10-22 21.16.28.jpg
    2012-10-22 21.16.28.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
The whining sound may be the oil filter, I had the same problem with mins till I switched to the OEM white Viper filter. Not sure on the clicking, if it's a ticking noise at idle these engines are loud, kinda like a sewing machine...LOL

Yah I kinda figure that the engine is going to be loud, just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything major.

Most of the people that hear the ticking of my engine congratulate me on having solid lifters. It is easier to let them think that rather than to explain the real reason to them.

A ticking sound from the belt area could be a tensioner issue.

Yes sir the GTG this year will probably be in June time frame we had a blast last year. We will let all know way a head of time.

IMG_1864s_zps80ebf9df.jpg

IMG_1914s_zpsf03eb4cb.jpg

IMG_1935s_zps3b9f91dc.jpg

Jim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back