New guy from England

G8RVN

Reaction score
Hello all,

Recently purchased a 2005 SRT Quad Cab, I've already learned that this is not currently on the register, and it is #2990 of 5109 for 2005, so I'll be asking for this to go on the register officially soon.

Reading the service receipt pack that was supplied with it, quite a few thousand miles have been done at sea! The truck was imported/exported to the UK with a member of the US military in 2006 before heading back over to Daytona around the turn of the century, before finally being shipped back over here to a new owner!

It has picked up a few tasteful, and not so tasteful mods over the years, and the pics below are as I collected it.

I've stripped off some of the "8.3" and "V10" chrome stickers already, and i'm thinking of losing the LED DRLs from the front grill too.

Other than that it seems a really nice truck, a previous owner has "upgraded the transmission" (whatever that means) with some billet torque converter parts amongst others. The shifts from 1-2 and sometimes 2-1 are now really quite harsh, i'm not sure if this is an effect of the "upgrade" or there is something wrong. so that's one job to look at.
It has a magnaflow exhaust system (possibly cat-back, possibly more, haven't looked yet) and the Volant air intake system which is a slight concern given the rainy nature of the UK climate and the bonnet vent fed air supply...!

I'd like to get this thing dyno'd, working with Bentley's on a daily basis, the truck doesnt pull quite as much as I expected, considering the weight of a V8 Continental is quite similar! I'm still totally in love though :D

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Welcome, there are a few of us now in the uk on this forum myself in Reading, Mike up the road in Thatcham And CRTdemon, not sure of his location though.

Nice looking QC, your right about the grill!

I know a lot of the QC guys are always talking about the "bands" in the auto trans and how they need checking/adjusting from time to time.

Charlie

If it's not on the Registry, how'd you learn your build number

Thanks, I'm going to call in at a local auto transmission place and see what they recommend on the shifting.
If it's not on the Registry, how'd you learn your build number
I asked the question on the viper registry forum if it had a VTR number already, as I'd like to learn the truck's history.
Soon as I get a pic of the build sticker etc i'd like to get it on there.

Smile, I'm just giving you crap..... I'm that guy

:D

Happy to see you have a hood sense of humor, it will serve you well

Yes, lose the rails and get some running boards instead. ;)

Welcome from California.

No rails or running boards. It's not a 4X4 or conversion van.
The bug deflector needs to go also.
Other than that nice truck. Lol

No rails or running boards. It's not a 4X4 or conversion van.
The bug deflector needs to go also.
Other than that nice truck. Lol

Don't listen to this man, he's crazy for buying a three seater. You just need more emblems, decals, and mud flaps on this baby. Maybe a huge antenna and a CB radio to communicate with all the big rigs around you and you are good to go hoss. :D

Don't listen to this man, he's crazy for buying a three seater. You just need more emblems, decals, and mud flaps on this baby. Maybe a huge antenna and a CB radio to communicate with all the big rigs around you and you are good to go hoss. :D

It's really more like a 2 1/2 seater.
That's funny as hell because my last truck was a 6 seat 1995 F350 crew cab DRW long bed. It also had a 8' fiberglass CB antenna mounted to the rear bumper.

It's really more like a 2 1/2 seater.
That's funny as hell because my last truck was a 6 seat 1995 F350 crew cab DRW long bed. It also had a 8' fiberglass CB antenna mounted to the rear bumper.

I had a lifted F250 with a V10 and 40" rock climber Goodyear tires. So I guess we were in the same boat once. Lol

And get a topper too.................:D

thewelshm

OP I'm in North Kent and have a 2005 Quad cab, not seen another one on the road yet.....!

Lose the stickers and chrome bits, black grill - job done!

I'm in the process of debadging my hood emblem....there's a bloody hole in the grill underneath.....not the quick t cut job I was expecting!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back