NEW GUY/ TECH QUESTION

VEN-M-S-SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL FIRST OFF BEING THAT IM A NOOBIE I WANTED TO SAY HI TO EVERYONE.
AND NOW FOR THE Q AND A: I RECENTLY PURCHASED A THROTTLE BODY FROM THE FINE PEOPLE AT X-METAL. I WAS ABOUT TO INSTALL IT BUT I KEPT HEARING CONFLICTING INFO IN REGARDS TO TUNING THE TRUCK AFTER THE THROTTLE INSTALL . I ALREADY HAVE A STAGE 2 TUNE FROM DAN OVER AT DC PERFORMANCE. DO I IN FACT NEED TO TUNE AFTER OR WILL IT BE FINE THE WAY IT IS? :rock:

First off welcome to the site. Second, turn your caps lock off. I gives us the impression your yelling. And finally to answer your question. No you shouldn't have to send your stage 2 off for reprogramming. The parameters are wide enough to handle any difference the TB would make.

Welcome to the family

Welcome.

Although you don't have to re-tune, you might get a wee bit more out of your off-idle hit with a little more tweaking on fuel and timing since the new TB will give you faster throttle response.

At most you may need to adjust the TPS switch to get the exact reading that the ECU expects, and you'll know if this is necessary if the idle is too high/low after the installation. Just loosen the TPS mounting screws and twist the sensor slightly until the idle is correct, and tighten the screws back up.

Also, be sure to use some paper shims to center the blade in the bore before tightening the screws, and CAREFULLY tighten the TB mounting bolts when installing on the intake manifold. A little too much on any given corner will cause the blade to bind. ...ask me how I know.;)

If you have any misgivings or if you'd like to ease your mind (further) with a second opinion, why not call Dan Cragin (your man) and make sure. I doubt (seriously) that Dan would blow any smoke up your ass just to generate an gratiutous (unnecessary) fee.

D

Removing the wing should eliminate any need for retuning, it will improve your outlook on life, help you meet girls, and end world hunger.

Welcome to the forum...:rock:

Welcome:rock: looks like your question has an answer. Now post some pics of your ride:burnout: also, what mods do you have

VEN-M-S-SRT10 said:
the wing stays.....lol......:trytofly: ......and thanks guys all this info is great

Correct response!

You will be welcome here.

Enjoy.

a: wings are for maxi pads and planes
b: I love your sig :burnout:
c: where in LA r u??
d: post some pics

My advice would be to read the directions several times before starting.And follow them closely !!!!!!!!!!

I have the same one and I love it !!!!!

A big welcome from Beverly Hills. As Tidnab said "What part of LA"? There is a GTG on the 13th and 20th of this month. Both at different 1/4 mile race tracks. You should join us.:idea:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back