New headliner

CajunSRT10

Reaction score
Got bored one day and went down to my buddy's upholstrey shop with an idea and this is what we came up with. Let me know what ya think.

Attachments

• headliner.jpg
    headliner.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 219
Thanks! Its black suede, looks lighter in the pic than it actually is, and deffinitely makes it darker in the cab. Now I just need to get my pillars painted along to completely have everything black in the cab.

Looks great. I've been wanting to do a suede headliner for SO long now. It's just the only guy that does good work is 40 miles away. One of these days.

Thanks alot guys! Does anybody have a suggestions on which is the best way to go on painting the pillars to mach the rest of the interior. Is there a good way to do it yourself with paints you can get at any automotive store or would it be best to have it done by a paint shop? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not to be the downer here, but great idea, but it doesn't look like the material layed down that great. :dontknow:

CajunSRT10 said:
Thanks alot guys! Does anybody have a suggestions on which is the best way to go on painting the pillars to mach the rest of the interior. Is there a good way to do it yourself with paints you can get at any automotive store or would it be best to have it done by a paint shop? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The rattle can stuff just doesn't seem to last. Have a paint shop do it. The materials they get are much better than what you find at an auto parts store.
If you do decide to go the auto parts route, make sure to clean, clean clean the parts off. The dressings (armor all) or whatever you use will cause it not to adhere very well.

whatever you do make sure you prime it first paint will stick better and will look better. Any paint will work if prepped right. just wipe it down with a cleaner or alcohol let it dry then prime it paint and clear coat it. you should be fine. or if you have an airbrush that will work perfect for small jobs.

I agree in the pic it may look that way, I had to take the pic with my phone which was the only thing handy at the time. With suede it does give the appearance that it may not have layed down well, but if you get it all brushed the same direction it looks great. Kinda hard to keep people from wanting to touch it.

CajunSRT10 said:
I agree in the pic it may look that way, I had to take the pic with my phone which was the only thing handy at the time. With suede it does give the appearance that it may not have layed down well, but if you get it all brushed the same direction it looks great. Kinda hard to keep people from wanting to touch it.

I use to do things very similar in tweed about 10 years ago. It can be a PIA to do.
Also agree on the everyone wanting to touch it. Never understood that. "oh, that looks neat, let me touch it"??? :confused:

I'd say to get the A-Pillars wrapped in suede too, no worry about matching then. Great job with the headliner

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back