NEW JEEP SRT-8 TESTING?

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was crossing alligator alley last week to Ft. Myers and I spotted a convoy of jeeps. This one caught my eye in particular because of the dual tail pipes and the rims and the gas tank has a sticker reading "Premium Fuel Only" Although it says 4x4 limited I still believe it's the jeep SRT-8 because another picture I found on the web also had the 4x4 on it maybe as a disguise. Another interesting thing is that all these Jeeps had Michigan Manufacturer License plates.

Last year around the same time I saw Dodge driving the new Charger on the same road in camofluage. So this road might be part of their testing grounds due to long stretch of high heat roadway.

aaa.jpg

aa.jpg

a.jpg

Nope, just a regular 2011 hemi with older SRT Jeep wheels. The new SRT Jeep looks alot different.

Nope, just a regular 2011 hemi with older SRT Jeep wheels. The new SRT Jeep looks alot different.

This is definitely the 2012 model Jeep. I just did a google image search,not to mention the front end is completely different. I was unable to get a good pic driving tho.

2012 forsure but the body kit looks alot different from the SRT pics that have been put out

I see... Interesting... I took a bunch of pics of the Jeep at the NY auto show this year and it looked very different. I own a 2011 hemi jeep and aside from those wheels, mine looks the same with the dual exhaust.

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

Not sure exactly. They all had Michigan Manufacture Plates. This was only one of the bunch with dual pipes and a different front end, that also had premium fuel only marked on the gas tank. The charger I also saw on this road looked dieffent from final product. It may not have been a completely done fortified SRT-8 design because I'm sure it's still under wraps, until it is officially realease. Only people that would pay any mind to the convoy I saw is people that notice differences and can see this jeep stood out from the other 2. I'm sure they would not put the real 2012 rims on it and I'm definitely sure they would not badge it SRT8.

This must be Dodge Chryslers testing grounds because the I75 Stretch here known as Alligator Alley is extremely hot and is only straight bare highway with only one gas station on the entire stretch.

Just strange to see a convoy of Jeeps with manufature plates.

People have been seeing the SRT8s all over the country at tracks....I saw a 2012 Charger SRT at VIR couple weeks ago...SRT Engineers were running tests on it but wouldnt give any info....They had the dash out and all kinds of equipment wired to the car......one of the engineers was a purty lookin 30ish young lady....real nice...she drove the car past us on the straight away next to the pits at 130mph +...car sound great...

the new srt jeeps, start at 54,xxx and go up to 62xxx loaded, errrrr thats alot of money. my friend who has a srt jeep was looking into them.

I see... Interesting... I took a bunch of pics of the Jeep at the NY auto show this year and it looked very different. I own a 2011 hemi jeep and aside from those wheels, mine looks the same with the dual exhaust.

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

damn those pics are sweet. i cant get enough of that hood. i like the hood on the Caliber srt's too. love the dual cals

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back