New Lightning?

sealalot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they ever make this it'll be pretty bad ass:
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=14096

Read the specs. Sound familiar? 22 inch wheels, 6 speed, blah blah blah. I wonder if the similarities between them and the Viper truck is the reason they haven't gone into production yet...or ever.

I still think the new Fords are ugly though.

Ford is scared 'cause Dodge would make another and push the envelope even more!

Seen it before...Only a concept...Nice try...Would have been interesting
going with one of those light to light...:burnout:

Interesting !!! Kind of funny how once upon a time I thought that if there was a way to incorporate the AC lines into the Air Cleaner tube,how easily that could cool the intake charge !!! I guess great minds think alike !!!:D Those wheels are butt ugly though !!

Ford's SVT team has really taken a step back. My gut feeling is costs were cut to try to get Ford profitable, and SVT took a hit in the funding dept.

Old old design concept. We discussed that on theL forums back in late '02 before the present body style came out. It would have been a decent truck if they actually made it, but the worries were that it'd be too $$$....they were talking mid-high 40's. We all know that's not a profitable market for a truck with no towing capacty. The SVT program has been on the decline for a while, I doubt we'll see any kind of truck out of SVT in the forsee-able future.

--wes

from what....from what i heard svt is no more...that why the new gt500 is a shelby and not an svt production....

they lost their contract with ford...maybe someone will chime in with the real reason if what i say isnt right

I think they'd probably beat our trucks stock-for-stock in the speed department, but we still win in looks. Those things are ugly. I also wonder who copied who. 22 inch wheels, 6 speed, exactly 500 hp, come on. Even if they're faster they'd still be considered by many to be "Viper truck wanna-be's". We also don't need forced induction to produce 500 hp. It's ALL ENGINE. The 5.4's a good powerplant, but it's pathetic that it's the best Ford can do. They've got them in the GT500 and the Ford GT. You'd think that Ford could offer a real high-performance engine specifically designed to produce a lot of hp without forced-induction. Call me crazy, but it seems like corner-cutting to me when it's done by the manufacturer.

faslane505 said:
from what....from what i heard svt is no more...that why the new gt500 is a shelby and not an svt production....
'
this is wrong....it is an svt prosuction....i didnt evenb think svt was around anymore.....

Either way if its old, if there not going to build them, and i know its a ford but its still cool. Most fast shit is.

10 years ago i thought of taking a dual ac system and running it after a vortech, problem a ac compressor wont handle full throttle rpm and that is where the cooling is needed.

newmexicoviper said:
Either way if its old, if there not going to build them, and i know its a ford but its still cool. Most fast shit is.

Thats really old news. Came out summer 04 when I bought my truck. We wont be seeing it on the streets.

patrick

faslane505 said:

There still around saddly, got a friend into the ford racing sceen, from what he knows from the inside there lurkin around in the backround. Ideas are flowing but nothing seems to be happening except hear say. Rou perf currently is acting as what the svt team was. For example that pos nightmare truck with a 105 mph limiter:p. Give it time, well see another lightning or something very similar in the next few years especially with all these concepts appearing with other trucks in different brands such as the chevy ss 427 i found on the internet. At least that would be a cool truck, pics and specs posted in the non offensive section. Just what ive heard and the guy i know is normally pretty good about furd info. But this truck pictured here as stated above wont be out from what i know of it, its really old news actually the lightning community has known about this forever and evr and evr.

Last edited:
That Lightning concept is what drew me to the BEAST.....

I grew tired of waiting for it....and the SRT just sucked me in...........

Now that I got it just where I want it...... I gotta sell......

Thankfully, it's going to a good home......:( :eek: :nurse:

D

Django said:
That Lightning concept is what drew me to the BEAST.....

I grew tired of waiting for it....and the SRT just sucked me in...........

Now that I got it just where I want it...... I gotta sell......

Thankfully, it's going to a good home......:( :eek: :nurse:

D

been away for a while, so sorry to hear hope things are getting better man.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
been away for a while, so sorry to hear hope things are getting better man.

They'll hopefully get much better.... Worse would be untenable.....

Thanks.....

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back