New Member in Columbus, Ohio

REOMOTORS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning, just bought a Mineral Gray QC. Had to go with QC due to 2 young sons. Bought it in Indiana while visiting a customer. I will be looking for various upgrades such as air intake and exhaust. Don't want to go too crazy as I plan on driving this everyday and putting customers in it from time to time. I plan on getting some base line numbers once National Trails opens back up (Next Spring, bummer).

What are cat back systems really worth HP wise? What are high flo and no cat systems worth HP wise? I'll be spending time gathering info for things to do in the Spring (this warm weather can't last much longer).

Here are a few pictures which aren't very good. I'll do better when I find time. The MG is really growing on me!

Nice to have a new member,welcome!! The best bang for the buck will be a Stage II PCM. I think Boomer sells them and is a vendor. I have a K&N cold air, Gibson shorties with no cats and a Magnaflow with a Stage II pcm. Not sure on actual HP gains but the Magnaflow with no cats will give you a nice rumble which is not too loud. Might ask some other guys on HP gains, mine is an '04 RC and ran a 13.41 while spinning through 1st. Make plans to be at the Mopar Nats in August at National Trail. A few of us get together and have a Big Tent with SRT's and a lot of bench racing!!

Yeah, we'll see ya next August! Kevan is close by you. Welcome.
I didn't dyno mine before and after, but I would guess about 10-20 Hp with the cat back and add another 5 for high flows and about 8 for no cats. Good Headers will probably get you around 15-25 HP depending on the system. Most will recommend the drop-in filter which has similar gains to the CAI (6-9HP). CAI will get you looks and more sound. There still is some debate on which is better, CAI or drop-in.

If you go no cats, I believe you need sims. Talk to Boomer.

I'm sure we will be seeing each other around. Hook up with Kev....he is a good guy. I'm in Beavercreek...if your going to be around Kettering let me know. My truck is @ work, but I've done a fair share of Mods. I can't help but think when you shut that hood....it's going to hurt that little guys head :)

Hey REO!
I'm up in New Albany (close to Hoggy's). Toss me an email or PM sometime we'll hook up and talk truck.

Oh yeah, and get ready now for the Mopar Nats. It's an absolute blast!

Thanks for the info so far. Keep it comin'. I'm in the Clintonville area, I'll try to hook up with you Kevan.

I'll keep an eye on the plan for the Mopar Nats. I stopped taking cars (and trucks) into the show LONG ago. I usually can be found drinking with friends in the swap meet.
Also, sorry for the double picture of my engine helper, I'm, old school and haven't figured everything out just yet.

REOMOTORS said:
Don't want to go too crazy as I plan on driving this everyday

Yep, we all said that when the truck was new...the infection will get to you too...trust me. In the mean time, congratulations and welcome to the madness.

Welcome.....nice ride....

Magnaflow catback
Catless mid pipes
K&N drop in

X-metal lowering kit

Welcome! I see you have already added the "Toddler Engine Mod". ;) Some say it doesn't add much HP tho. :D

Contact Gary Virgin at X-Metal. He will fix you right up. :)

Black1 said:
Welcome! I see you have already added the "Toddler Engine Mod". ;) Some say it doesn't add much HP tho. :D

Contact Gary Virgin at X-Metal. He will fix you right up. :)

Not sure on the extra power thing. That methane gas can really add the HP.;) :p :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back