New member seeking advice

Aceoftheskies69

Reaction score
Dodge Ram SRT10 8.3 - 2005, standard SRT apart from BMC LPG Conversion, 160 Ltr tank under flatbed. Problems started after a hard drive with a fuse popping and stopping the truck dead. We fixed this then had cat converters dislodge in the exhausts, thus the engine was choking and literally running on 5 cylinders. We fixed this and it ran for a while, really lumpy and sounded like a bag of nails. The latest problem is literally whilst driving on petrol, the truck ran for 5 weeks, then starts cackling and gurgling, like combustion is happening in the exhaust, it does this for maybe a day or two, then without warning whether driving at 10 mph of 60 it coughs, blows out huge plumes of smoke and then dead. We have been working on it and it feels like fuel starvation, to be fair we are struggling. I have a full workshop manual ie CD version every detail. Looking for some inspiration in the UK from you folks in the US and the globe. Any ideas SRT brothers and sisters ?

Why propane? There is a thread on here called valve. I think he is running propane also and he messed up his heads pushrods and valves.

Thanks for the response. Propane was fitted as conversion / dual run when I bought it. It's down to fuel costs in the UK people do it. I have read the thread on 'Valve' - will discuss with the mechanic. Propane is more hassle than it is worth. Thanks again

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back