New MP3 audio clips of the AirHammer

What about Mikey and his Butt Hammer?

Sorry, I have no idea what an AirHammer is.

I hear a click as does Kevan but isn't this just another CAI, or is it an intake manifold too?

And have we not decided that CAI is nice for sound and bling...but not much else?

Is this applicable to SRT 10's?

Just not getting much info from your posts Ike.

Prof said:

Try over here:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12705

The size of the Viper intake inlet vs. that on the LX and Hemi-powered vehicles is quite different/larger. You'd need a gigantic inlet tube- bigger than what would fit- to show any gains.

Prof said:

I hear a click as does Kevan but isn't this just another CAI, or is it an intake manifold too?

And have we not decided that CAI is nice for sound and bling...but not much else?

Prof, I think that you either don't pay enough attention. Or you come to my thread with a preconsieved notion that I'm not intelligent. For what ever reason it is, it is the way I feel. No problems though, hatters are everywhere.

The click is MDS. Mds is Multiple Displacement System. It deactivates cyl's when in a low load condition and turns those cyl's into air pumps. Also the whoosh on shut down. That is what i mean by air hammer deactivated, the car being turned off:)

This is not a INTAKE MANIFOLD. It is a air intake, Hammer Motorsports does not consider it a CIA.

The intakes that are out right now don't do anything for our trucks. But theres a winda blow'n!

If it sounds like this and works like this on a smaller car just think what it MAY do on our rigs. And the bling factor is VERY high. THEY CAN MAKE THEM IN STAINLESS STEAL!

IKE

Kevan said:
Try over here:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12705

The size of the Viper intake inlet vs. that on the LX and Hemi-powered vehicles is quite different/larger. You'd need a gigantic inlet tube- bigger than what would fit- to show any gains.

The Engineer disagree's. He has said that the stock intake is a joke and that it's just begging for a more effiecent way to breath! Well see what the wizard comes up with.

Last edited:
Is there something inside the intake tube that is different from a K&N, JMB or Volant that we don't know about?

Maybe a couple of Turbonators or something?:dontknow:

Looks very typical from the outside!!

Marc T said:
Is there something inside the intake tube that is different from a K&N, JMB or Volant that we don't know about?

Maybe a couple of Turbonators or something?:dontknow:

Looks very typical from the outside!!
I think it has one of those tornadoes in there.:D

J.R.

P1090167.jpg

They look similar?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

There was alot of second guessing the last 4 times they made HP.

I also believe they use science, not a straight tube with a big air filter. Have any of you ever had a 2-stroke bike/atv? The pipes are acousticly tuned to scavenge the cylinder to supercharge the air and blow down the cyl. This I believe is acousticly tuned to create a venturi effect with the incoming air and create a more effieciant ingestion of said air! :)

Again I'll be praying to the V10 gods!

Last edited:
I believe the pic is off the LX forums so my guess is it's an intake from a 300C,charger,magnum???
Marc T said:
Thats not a K&N set up for our trucks?:dontknow:

There isnt a srt10 one yet, it is a representation of what to expect, and the 5.7 is bigger than the srt10 on already. The 10 should be bigger than that.

Have they started working on the SRT-10 one yet??
bigike said:
There isnt a srt10 one yet, it is a representation of what to expect, and the 5.7 is bigger than the srt10 on already. The 10 should be bigger than that.

Its a good intake I have it for my SRT8.
They did a back to back dyno with the same car 10 minutes apart with the airhammer,KN and some others VS stock.
Airhammer put down like 6-8 to the wheel on the average of the 3 runs.
KN put like 1 down.
I like it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back